Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 10:00pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got back from a 3 day vacation... I don't have the patience to wade back into this mess.

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 11:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    Now, if you won't answer the questions from Askari, let me ask them instead, as I as well as interested in the reply (just close your eyes and pretend it's me...):

For me this code back to post #40 in this thread which sums your arguments and Rory's. I find it improbably that a small splinter group (and you referred to them as that -- indicating that it might be a lineage thing) a) has the authority (and this supports you) or b) may actually have been given the authority and may be more than a few people learning from B&W films since even their students got SJJK membership certificates, or are they just that easy to get?

I think the first questions you ask are legit because you are trying to summerize whether there is a lineage split. Ok fair enough

But the last question is phrased in a derogatory way (see bold) and is totally irrelevant. Yes Bill is haughty at times but the mods are also trying to get people to realize that it works both ways. When you make a statement like this to a Koryu member you are talking about their family. Especially a small Ryu-ha. Phraseology like this comes off as ignorant and course.

The truth is that the Soke (I don't like this term but will use it) determines how the art is transmitted and it is none of anybody's concern but the Soke's how he chooses to transmit the art.

This question is a jab. The way the Soke chooses to transmit the art has nothing to do with this dispute. The issue is whether the art was transmitted to this other gentleman or not.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 11:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dsimon have you read the thread? If so, address the questions or chill. This is getting ridiculous. I don't care if you have empathy for the guy. He has spent a hundred posts insulting everyone and now you are going to chastise someone? Please, seriously stop.

He insulted Iama Douchebag's Japanese. I didn't see you make any type of remark against that.

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 12:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Dsimon have you read the thread? If so, address the questions or chill. This is getting ridiculous. I don't care if you have empathy for the guy. He has spent a hundred posts insulting everyone and now you are going to chastise someone? Please, seriously stop.

He insulted Iama Douchebag's Japanese. I didn't see you make any type of remark against that.

IIF nobody is insulting anyone. I don't have empathy, as I am not Koryu. I do have some sympathy knowing certain ways Koryu people think about what they do.

Look if you think the way the art is transmitted is an issue that needs addressing, then we can agree to disagree. I don't and I am expressing that in a nonpartisan fashion, meaning that if Bill brought it up I would say the same thing.

Dave's Japanese is a complicated issue, I will diplomatically leave it at that suffice to say if he was personally insulted I would like to let him know I feel bad that he was agreived haha! :eusa_sile

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 12:06am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Notice I said nothing about Koryu, nor transmission, nor anything of the sort.

I asked you to stop fanning the flames by pointing out the " derogatory statements" of one person and completely ignoring someone else.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 11:26am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't talking to you, Douche. The universe is only Doucheocentric in YMAS & Douchido (oooo...I like the sound of that). My posts were directed toward those who felt the need to explain why Mr. Williams was the way he was. In the end, all of that is irrelevant. We do what we do, and in my case, we look dead sexy while we're doing it.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 1:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt, just side lining for a sec,

Where in Iraq does Mr. Miller operate? I'm due there soon and would like the opportunity to meet him if possible.

PM me if you'd rather provide that info off forum.

Thanks

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 4:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami
    I would doubt that. Look at Judo, Boxing, Wrestling. There seems to be a lessening or absence of bullshit in arts that stress competition and quantifiable results.

I would think there will be some mysticism about the Gracies in 200 years, but in an age of verifiable fight records, and video proof it will be hard for them to mythos achieved by grandmasters dead and gone.
    Look at Matt Furey & Tony Cecchine, the questionable Mark Hatmaker, among all of the other frauds I can't bother looking up at the moment. There's bullshit everywhere.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 5:20pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    This is gold.

Its a Comic Book addvert for Sosuishi-Ryu, using the name YUBIWAZA. This is prime Martial Silliness from the Golden Age! Click on the image and a full-sized version pops up.

Now remember that Nelson J. "Mitch" Fleming was the Sosuishi-Ryu representative in the US during the 1960s, and is the source of the schism that we are exploring.

Next up:

Really? Really Really?

Then why was SJJK advertising in the back of a comic book?

Why are the nobodies on this thread having to present history for people supposedly in the know of SJJK?
    I love the two free gifts in the ad "How To Overcome An Inferiority Complex " and "How to Do Strong Man Stunts With Ease"

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 5:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I must remember to poke my enemy in their eye with my invincible yubiwaza.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast