230590 Bullies, 3607 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sherdog Makes up Fighter Quotes?

FightLinker has stumbled onto something that may be of interest to the MMA community regarding popular MMA website Sherdog.com:

Sherdog has an article up with quotes from a bunch of different fighters regarding the Jackson / Griffin fight. One of those quotes is from Phil Baroni:
    Phil Baroni (Pictures): I don’t know how two judges gave Forrest that first round, man. That’s some bulls—. I thought Rampage clearly won the fight. That first round could have been 10-8 for Rampage!
    The only problem here is that Phil claims he never said anything like that at all:
    First off I never gave my opinion on the fight being scored wrong to anyone esp a reporter from Sherdog. I never spoke to any media about my opinion the fight. I think its bullshit that Sherdog quoted me. First off I think the fight was a great one. Second I feel the decision was a fair one. I think Forrest is an inspiration and fought his heart out. His career is an inspiration and story book. He did a great job fought like a true champion against Rampage and his entire career. He deserves to be UFC champion and I take my hat off to him.
    On the other hand Rampage fought his heart out as well an will be back, He has come back from alot worse an himself is a great fighter an inspiration. I think the fight was a great battle of wills. Both guys gave it there all and Im proud to be friends with both of them.
    Thats my opinion on Forrest Griffon and Rampage Jackson. Im in England now and just wanted to address this stupid article on Sherdog. Again I never made those comments and am proud of both fighters and there efforts. I hope to fight with as much heart an courage this weekend in England.
    NYBA
    Now if this had been anyone other than Phil Baroni, I’d be inclined to pass judgement immediately and go “What the ****, Sherdog?” But because it is Phil and Phil is a goddamn maniac, I’m willing to entertain the idea that he’s just trying to **** with Sherdog, or that perhaps he was quoted by someone other than Sherdog and they just carried his words. Either way, I’m hoping some sort of clarification is made because the idea of Sherdog pulling imaginary quotes out of thin air just makes their site look pretty damn sketchy.

From http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=2666

This might be worth looking into on our end.
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 11:29am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They also had a very strange quote from Frank Shamrock: "Sorry, I don't watch the UFC."

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 11:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off
    They also had a very strange quote from Frank Shamrock: "Sorry, I don't watch the UFC."
    Why so? Frank is very vocal about hugely despising Dana and all his works, that seems exactly the kind of thing he might say.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 2:04pm

Style: TKD, Boxing & SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not true, in multiple interviews frank admits to not watching mma because fighting is his job

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Why so? Frank is very vocal about hugely despising Dana and all his works, that seems exactly the kind of thing he might say.
    Also I'm pretty sure in their previous article they had a prediction from Frank regarding who would win. Having given a prediction on the fight to the same news source previous, I find it odd he would then not watch the show and agree to be interviewed again.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 5:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I'm pretty sure in their previous article they had a prediction from Frank regarding who would win. Having given a prediction on the fight to the same news source previous, I find it odd he would then not watch the show and agree to be interviewed again.
    I would find it odder if Frank Shamrock missed a chance to act like a sarky prick...

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 5:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    I would find it odder if Frank Shamrock missed a chance to act like a sarky prick...
    That is a damn good point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2008 11:00am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sherdog says they at least have an interview with him on video- not the quote in question, but that they did talk to him, which would at least prove his "I haven't talked to Sherdog" statement wrong. Funny thing is, it's nowhere to be found on their site. Why not put it up and retain some credibility? I smell bullshit.

¡Viva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    7/22/2008 9:24pm

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the real shocker here is that baroni managed to sound both intelligent and normal in the real quote.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill