Posted On:
    7/08/2008 9:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Power & Strength or Speed & Stamina

Here go's nothing!

Im 6ft 1in and am 78kg,im of atheletic slim build but take pride in the fact that ive got good stamina and am very fast,however ive been thinking bout scaling down my MA a little bit and going to the gym and bulking out. Im a little scared though that i'll stop going to MA and start to realise my dream of the ultimate body!Has anyone any advice on what to do?Thanks!

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, post in the physical training and health forum?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Yeah, post in the physical training and health forum?

F*ck me,what is wrong with you?Is your life so sad you have to trawl folk around and dis them on their posts!Unless you've not noticed im new on here and am still finding my feet,a little "Excuse me mate,but you've posted in the wrong bit,but i will direct you to where it should be" would of been fine and would of even got a Thank You off me!

It's like shagging a retarded dwarf,it's not big and it's not clever!:adios:

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will ask some questions, that might help you.
    0. Why do you train MAs?
    1. Why do you wana bulk up, do you think this will contribute to your training in MAs?
    2. What hinders you to do both, train MAs AND bulk up?

In my personal opinion 78kg is more then ok, I am 1,82 and bouncing between 67 and 70,5kg and I think I am in good shape so maybe you want to work more on your "definiton" than on bulking up.

just my 2 cents and I bet El Macho will come and whack you over the head with some weightlifting tips :D

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:22am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use the search function?

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:25am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is your question exactly? Is it what type of workout program you should implement to bulk up, or wether or not you should bother at all?

<--- are you skinnier than me?

If you are looking for a good workout regimen, find a post by 'Teh El Macho' and look to the quote at the bottom. There will be a link to something called the stronglifts 5x5 program that will work good for you.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 7/08/2008 10:28am at .
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    I will ask some questions, that might help you.
    0. Why do you train MAs?
    1. Why do you wana bulk up, do you think this will contribute to your training in MAs?
    2. What hinders you to do both, train MAs AND bulk up?

In my personal opinion 78kg is more then ok, I am 1,82 and bouncing between 67 and 70,5kg and I think I am in good shape so maybe you want to work more on your "definiton" than on bulking up.

just my 2 cents and I bet El Macho will come and whack you over the head with some weightlifting tips :D
    Cheers Fella!

1. I train in Muay Thai so am tip top when it comes to getting ripped up,it's just i look to thin and want to bul out but don't really want to get into the old,milkshakes,protein,Roids(Only messing),egg whites and all the rest!

2.I want to bulk up so i look better and a get a better shape definition. The thing is like most other people on here if i do soemthing i tend to to it properly and im just scared that instead of doing MT say 3 times a week and the gym twice i'll end up doing the gym 4 times and going MT once.

3. Nothing reall,id just like to find the happy medium.

Thanks for you reply!

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Dibnah
    F*ck me,what is wrong with you?Is your life so sad you have to trawl folk around and dis them on their posts!Unless you've not noticed im new on here and am still finding my feet,a little "Excuse me mate,but you've posted in the wrong bit,but i will direct you to where it should be" would of been fine and would of even got a Thank You off me!
    That wasn't a 'dis'. Oh, you street kids and your slang.

Honestly mate, if you are going to post a question about physical training, wouldn't it be better to have posted it in the correct forum?
    That's all I said. You have some sand in your vag or something?
    Wait, maybe it was my tone? Was it my tone? Did my tone do it for you? I HAZ A TONE?

You managed your newb thread in Newbietown. So, it isn't like it's beyond your intellect to post in the correct forum. You have 10+ posts. You should already be running free and not shitting on your shoes. You're English, damn it! You should already have a colony.

It's like shagging a retarded dwarf,it's not big and it's not clever!:adios:
    I'm pretty much a retarded dwarf. is that a come on, or what? I'm not good with subtle.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it is hard to tell if you should work on bulking up or just focus on reducing your bodyfat in order for your muscles to show. (Don't know you)

Why not try to add working out to your regular training program? You say you train 3 days a week that leaves you with another 4 days... but don't forget to recover, this is important.

For training adviceses you might check the stickys in the Health forum.

And if "looks" is what you want go for it, just make sure you know what you want.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 10:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n

For training adviceses you might check the stickys in the Health forum.
    Physical Training, Diet, and Health Forum - No BS Martial Arts
    In case you hadn't found it yet, Fred :icon_comp

Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast