Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

<Insert something clever here>

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:05am

supporting member
     Style: Currently a BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I see is a big guy being beaten in endurance. The clip was edited, because we do not see the them go from beinging to end in each drill. We still don't clearly know who tapped to who most. The only way to settle that, is to show the ENTIRE video unedited. Plus I would have liked to hear it without the music, since TF's voice was supposedly audible.
    :qleft1: :new_cussi :qmickey: :evil7: :XXcat: :XXfish: :5crackup:

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:07am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe never claimed HERE that he was a decent grappler. As far as I know. Just a point of fact.

Shadowofravenwolf,
    If that's all you see, then you know dick about grappling.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point of fact:

Djimbe told me, ON THE PHONE, that a good Wing Chun practitioner was as good a grappler as a good Folkstyle wrestler.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Djimbe never claimed HERE that he was a decent grappler. As far as I know. Just a point of fact.

Shadowofravenwolf,
    If that's all you see, then you know dick about grappling.
    Oh, I suppose I also had to state the obvious, that D tapped. Again, like I said in trollshido. Since we do not see everything, from begining to end, in an unedited video, we do not know who tapped to who more. What we DON'T see is just as important as what we do see.

Hey fernado, aren't you the guy who works for thorton on his website?

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since we do not see everything, from begining to end, in an unedited video, we do not know who tapped to who more.
    Once again. D&T NEVER claimed that Louis EVER tapped out. So why do you keep saying this?

Administrator

Posted On:

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But grappling is much easier than stand up! With grappling you use predominantly gross muscular movements, not like some of the esoteric CMA's where your fine motor skills come into play.

Where was the bench pressing off the opponent? Or, the grabbing the arms and twisting them like pretzels? I remember reading those techniques were viable against grapplers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Point of fact:

Djimbe told me, ON THE PHONE, that a good Wing Chun practitioner was as good a grappler as a good Folkstyle wrestler.
    I would have to take your word for that, since I wasn't apart of that conversation.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:14am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel is correct. No mention of Luis tapping, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shadowofravenwolf,
    How old are you? What kind of background do you have? You think "tapping" is the only measure of who was superior? You're ignorant. Just please quit with the grappling commentary. You are embarassing yourself.

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Shadowofravenwolf, doesn't it look like Louis taps at :45?
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast