Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:30am

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nah..not really...seen bigger. I didn't really see a tap though..I have to look again.
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both of the guys on the video look kinda tired. If Djimbe was sick, his cardio might not have been what it usually is.

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:36am

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok...i saw somethig that may have been a tap..when DJ was on his back with Luis on top..but didn't seem like much to talk about to me. udo right, they both look a bit worn out. I expected more from this vid from what matt/luis were saying
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:49am

Style: Okinowan Shuri

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by KageReaper
    Ok...i saw somethig that may have been a tap..when DJ was on his back with Luis on top..but didn't seem like much to talk about to me. udo right, they both look a bit worn out. I expected more from this vid from what matt/luis were saying
    I think it would have been better if we got to see the whole thing but they weren't there to tape Dj - they were taping their seminar and he was a distraction, not really part of it so I am surprised they taped him at all... as for udo's comment on them both being tired... Luis had been working out for hours before that plus having to move Dj's heavy ass around... of course he should be a bit tired, but it was Dj that was sucking wind after no time and making excuses

And yeah I would say that definately was a tap especailly with the way Dj sprawled after

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay the tape was funny, but that kinda just adds fuel to the fire. I would have prefferrd that the cute intro and the music was cut out. I also wanted to hear TF's comments, which Matt Thorton said were clearly audible.

Djimbe is huge. That is definately a fact. However, for whatever reason, he did appear to gas quickly and his grappling knowledge seems lacking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:54am

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is a pretty much all youll get, the other footage is of the seminar, i thought the music and intro were fun

otherwise everything is in the first three posts!

enjoy!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:58am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw they were on awhile ago.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 12:58am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Djimbe tapped cause they were doing a guard drill no? and the guy sweept him so i'm assuming he just tapped to signal 'okay, get off me...or... okay good one....?"
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
    -Albert Einstein

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:00am

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one more thing, when you see luis breathing hard, hes telling djimbe to breathe while hes making that breathe motion with his hands

noodlepower, please read the first three posts. thanks!

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:05am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man. That was brutal.

But it goes to say. If you talk the talk, walk the walk. No matter what. No Excuses.

Again, my definition of an excuse.

Excuse - A reason for failure.

It begs the question, how alive is Djimbe's training? Must not be very alive, if you can't grapple more than a few minutes. Or it can also be attributed to lack of grappling prowress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast