Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 4:05am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dj is a big guy, that being said is probley strong not strong enough to lift the so called 1100 pounds but i am sure he could still dead lift alot.
    PROBABLY not strong enough to lift 1100?? Try DEFINITELY not strong enough.

Djimbe is more likely to run the 100 in 9 seconds than he is to deadlift 1100 pounds.

I don't think I'm making my case strongly enough here if there are still people who think that any man alive has any chance at all of deadlifting 1100 pounds. Let me be clear: IT CAN NOT HAPPEN!

It is more likely that a winged monkey will fly out of his ass, run for president, and be chosen as the next Pope than that he could deadlift 1100 pounds.

Seeing as how Djimbe has made a claim of FACT that he can deadlift 1100 pounds, anf that TigerFly has made a claim of FACT that she has seen him deadlift 1000 pounds, that claim is a good place to start when judging their veracity. Judge Twitch's ruling: they are both full of ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 4:50am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may be wrong, but I think Twitch has issues with people claiming false powerlifting prowess. The video is pretty clear for anyone with a little experience in grappling.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 4:50am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No...you would try to beat the **** out of Thornton.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 5:01am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And being 20% stronger than a world record holder too...
    Regardless, I think Matt would take DJimbe in a MMA fight...there is a huge advantage between a pro and an amatuer.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 5:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we may be being a little harsh on Djimbe here. If he has no BJJ experience, then he can't really be expected to do all that well in guard passes/sweeps, can he? Especially against a BJJ brown belt(I think I remember that's what the guy's rank was).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 5:52am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    udo, I believe Luis is a brown belt. The harshness aimed at Djimbe isn't a singular thing, it's the culmination of a wide array of things the man has said and done (Or not done) here as well as other places, most notably gameFAQs in my case. He's slighted quite a few people and for some this seems to be a pretty convincing video as far as the "He's just a guy that spouts theory with little or no applicable knowledge of the subject at hand, versus a true to life martial arts monster. (Walking the walk vs. Talking the talk)

Titan

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 6:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This video just proves DJim is a big guy who is terrible at grappling. I'm suprised he put himself in that situation.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 7:11am

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god the intro and music is demeaning. All it shows is a big guy whose not feeling very well being not as good as his training partner, when his partner is highly experienced at it and he is not. Big deal!. I hope nooone for a second thinks this sort of thing can negate kung fu.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 7:28am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the point of posting this was to try and show that TF lied.

Sorry this happened to you Djimbe, but you've been played for a fool.

Even Wastrel disowned TF and Djimbe. I have never seen him do that to someone he has tried to have a serious conversation with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 7:45am

Style: Big Cans O' Whoopass!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twitch said:

Seeing as how Djimbe has made a claim of FACT that he can deadlift 1100 pounds, anf that TigerFly has made a claim of FACT that she has seen him deadlift 1000 pounds, that claim is a good place to start when judging their veracity. Judge Twitch's ruling: they are both full of ****.
    Actually, that is a lie. djimbe has NEVER EVER claimed that to ANYONE on this board nor has he confirmed it. LUIS SAID it - that doesn't make it true, Luis has obviously lied about several other things here as well. What I even say I have seen is irrelevant to the fact that this is not something that Djimbe said to anyone - it was even twisted by Luis.

Regarding the powerlifting world records - if you are talking about the standard olympic dead lift - you are correct as I have already said - but the dead lifts where the angle and other physics are manipulated allow powerlifters to lift WAY MORE than 800 pounds. Additionally, people who compete in powerlifting competitions MUST be very good at ALL three lifts, bench, squat and dead. They train with separate focuses. Djimbe is naturally strong in his upperbody and really couldn't care less about the bench so he doesn't focus on that. Additionally he doesn't squat either. So he has ONE major lift that he focuses on - naturally he is going to excel in that one lift compared to someone who trains in 3 separate lifts.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT DJIMBE'S HONESTY OR EVEN CHARACTER. I can see that many of you would like to turn this into that however - This is about WHAT happened at that seminar. Matt and Luis said that Luis tapped Djimbe in a MATCH to SUBMISSION. The video does not show that. They said that Luis Submitted Djimbe - That is not in the video either. They said that Luis Sweeped Djimbe three times - that is not in the video either. They said that Djimbe was "fierce" and "vicious". The video does not show that. They said that I yelled at djimbe for "loosing" you have all seen the video and now clearly understand that this wasn't a win or loose situation it was a drill. They don't have video of me saying that this is another example of untruth.

Stop looking for something that isn't there and look at what is there.
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast