Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 12:10pm

Style: MMA/Kung Fu/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Protein makes me feel sick!

I recently got some whey protein (chocolate flavour) from Myprotein and tried it with both water and milk but I just find it really hard to digest it,even though it is supposed to have enzymes which aid digestion.I had a shake about 15 minutes ago, didn't drink it quickly but feel sick now. It's my second type of powder now and I just can't seem to get along with it.

Anyone got any protein bar recipes that are simple to make, thinking that may make it more digestable ,possibly! Going with the protein powder as I have stepped up my training, doing about 5 or 6 days now and feel like I need something to help me recover and also help with muscle etc.

I'm just feeling like a weak sick girl right now!

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you lactose intolerant?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure. I usually have Lacto free milk but had to have normal milk today. Felt sick last time I had lacto free milk though.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Find out if you are, as whey protein is a milk isolate.

If you usually have lacto free milk, then you probably don't handle lactose well. Start weening yourself back onto milk. I went from drinking zero glasses of milk a day to a gallon of milk a day through a gradual increase. I drank 1 glass of milk a night before bed for a week, then 1 in the morning, 1 at night, then 1 at every meal, etc etc.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ What he said.

Also, a lot of people have incredibly shitty gut flora health. Years of poor diet and coffee/soda end up severely nuking the good bacteria that helps in digestion.

I grew up with milk, but then when I came to the US I stopped drinking for about a decade. When I tried to go back, I had the hardest time. I also had a hard time handling brocolli. A gradual re-introduction is key.

I'd also recommend you are properly hydrated, have enough fiber in your diet, and most important of all, take yogurt with live bacterial culture, lots of it. The bacteria in it will help you in dealing with protein-dense foods such as shakes and supplements as well as for digesting fibrous greens like brocolli.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 1:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh interesting! Cheers guys. I drink a fair amount of black coffee. Just started eating more yoghurt though, some of that "activia" stuff but not eating it every day just yet. My diet is generally pretty good overall but I'm improving it at the moment. I'm finding the transition to the new regime of ma training plus weights hard going and find it hard to eat/drink enough at the moment to get enough energy.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 2:53pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or try a different type of protein. Or try the same class of protein by a different company.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 2:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm on my second type now, the last one made me feel even worse, annoyingly!

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 3:29pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It may sound stupid, but try adding cranberry juice into your diet to help your system as well. You also may need to look into a nutritionist to see what you're not getting out of your diet. If you want, also start recording information on what you eat for a few weeks, (make sure you record everything). Note trends such as dietary items missing, dietary items that are too low, and items that are too high. That might also help get your system back on track.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 8:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    ^^^ What he said.

Also, a lot of people have incredibly shitty gut flora health. Years of poor diet and coffee/soda end up severely nuking the good bacteria that helps in digestion.
    Is the coffee/soda bad because of the amount of caffeine? I wonder about this because I thought there was caffeine in Tactical Nutrition. "Probiotic" yogurts are amazing for said gut (maybe intestinal?) flora health.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast