Kilts rock.
    "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 11:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent, we have something to replace the hideous revealing NHB shorts people use nowadays.

We have kilts! Worn traditional style!

Phrost - It's kinda funny actually. "No, really, I'm not drunk."
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Nu-Metal Head

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 7:09am

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scott's men take over MMA.
    "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Posted On:
    5/18/2005 11:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok was just browsing my old threads I made, and I know people have more to add.

A long while ago, I had just started deadlifting, and that night had gotten a PR. Later on that night, shortly before going to bed my lower back started throbbing, slow at first, then more wildly. I tried to stand from my chair browsing Bullshido on my computer and fell down. Eventually I got up and finished my MSN conversation.

Yeah...not that funny but it was pretty wild at the time. I make sure to warm down my back and massage during a hot/cold shower after deadlifting these days.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 5/18/2005 11:11pm at .
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to drive a clutch home from the gym after a pretty hard leg day. Heh. I didn't even stall that as many times learning to drive the thing as I did on the way home.

Also have had to take the truck to the gym, and had to manhandle that bad boy home. I, uh, had to put it in 4 wheel to get out of the ditch I acidentally ran into, because my mind was telling my arms to turn the wheel, but they weren't listening. At least my foot listened when my mind told it to brake.

On the way home from class one night, when my ankle was still being stupid, I was trying to unwrap the right one, and drive home. Once I got going, I actually managed to go successfully from 2nd to 5th, with one foot while I unwrapped the other one.
    You're just JEALOUS!

Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 4:13am

supporting member
     Style: Chen Style Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell yeah legs are the daddy to work...

This one time at gym camp... My training partner thought it would be "fun" to thrash the legs hard... (yep he is a real nice guy) so we did Squats with minimal breaks (he went then I went straight away) for 3 sets, then 45 degree leg press supersetted with extensions the same way... then finished with some hamstring curls... I was fine (but utterly shagged) till one of our friends came up to me and said "damn you look like youre going to throw up..." that did it I hobbled to the toilets as fast as I could and then let go..... havent thrown up through training since...
    "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
    People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve
    Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 8:39am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was at my peak in bodybuilding when I lived in Las Vegas five years ago and I used to have crazy leg days. Usually I was okay to drive because Golds was about 10 blocks from my house. Well, one day one of my friends wants to work out at a different Golds for leg day. So I meet him, we trash our legs, then I start to drive home. I hit bumper-bumper traffic which lasts about 45 minutes. The problem was that at the time I owned a 3000 GT with a sports clutch...ouch. I could barely walk to the car, and once I got stuck and traffic with all the stop and go. It was like finishing the workout with front calf raises for 45 minutes.

The other drivers were probably wondering why I was rocking back and forth screaming and cussing at everyone. Wait, its vegas. Probably not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 10:38am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leg training rocks.

The first time I squatted 225 for four sets of ten I literally collapsed at the squat rack after racking the weight. I had to practically low crawl to the corner and prop myself up until my legs stopped shaking and the room stopped spinning.

The only thing that induces more puke for me is Olympic lifting. Now that's a good time.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 10:47am

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I go really heavy when i work my legs, so my legs don't wobble they just stop working........

I fell leaving the gym the other day and ripped the skin off of my hand. then that same night, I was trying to play with my dog chasing him around the house and my legs just stopped working and I fell face first into the door frame of my dining room.

They have been so tired before that I tried to kick a heavy bag after my workout and my foot didn't even leave the ground. I've gotten stuck on the toilet before too.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 5:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Way too many :) The worst I can honestly remember is when I parked in my garage and started going up my stairs to get in the house. I slowly managed to get to the top, open the basement door, and my dog decides to meet me in mid-air. Several seconds later, my dog is running into the garage and I'm limping after him with a huge gash on my forehead :P
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast