Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 3:45pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Post your post-leg workout stagger stories!

Reposted from:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...hlight=stagger

"Post your crazy stories here!

I'll start (mine suck for sure!):

After leg day:
    Coupla months back in high school I was headed down the stairs.
    My leg didn't cooperate with my mind and I stepped on the edge of a step. Now my mind was already telling the other foot to lift off....and my feet are almost the size of the steps. I slide down several steps still standing grabbed the handrail to stop my rapid descent and calmly walked off. I slide on the edges of the steps, really weird.

Then after working legs today....
    My weight room is on the 2nd floor of the Athletic Centre...
    I grabbed my stuff and headed to the change room downstairs.
    First step, CLOMP! my quads give out and collapse sending me tumbling into the wall and sitting down really quickly.
    Good thing there was no one around to laugh. I have staggered back safely. "

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stumbled into the kitchen after dead-lifting, with hands shaking, picked up the orange juice container, went to drink, missed my lips and it all went down my chest.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the gyms I used to use has its weight section on the 2nd floor as well.
    What is with that?
    I'm sure they do it just to laugh at all the people trying to get back down the stairs.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 8:27am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One particularly hard sword class one day, I pulled a muscle on the inside of my right leg. Later that night after I showered up, I went to put some Zheng Gu Shui (a liquid which sooths soft tissue injuries quite nicely with an intense BURNING feeling...like icy hot I guess) on it, but accidentally spilled, and because of the location of the injury, I spilled it all over my balls and surrounding areas.

Honestly, the pain was so bad, I thought I was going to die. But that wasn't the end to my suffering. I though...hey, perhaps I can wash it off. Unfortunately, the water was still very hot in the shower, and the liquid just absorbed deeper into the skin, making it too sensitive to really get dry or dressed. So I laid down on my bed, but mind you, this was in a TX summer with the airconditioner cranked as cold as we could get it. Well, I couldn't get under the covers because of the, ahem, sensitivity, and the vent was pouring air right across me. Because of the leg pain, and the, well, skin pain, I couldn't move well, and I had to just stay there like that motionless for about an hour. Suffering. I can't really accurately explain the pain either. The surface of the skin was freezing cold, but felt inside like it was on fire. Actually, I was hoping to die, but eventually, the pain subsided, and I am now SUPER careful when applying that stuff!

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 11:56am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMFG I can't help but laugh!!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 7:27am

Style: BJJ/grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun

I took a couple classes in Wing Chun once, in my first day the instructor made me do all these squats, and afterwards I could barely stand, then he kept trying to get me to do more squats, and told me he could knock my teeth down my throat right here....when I limped home that evening, after being laughed at for being unable to do any more squats, I decided to look elsewhere for a martial instructor. This was back when I wasn't in as good shape, though, so I wasn't doing that much. As you can see the event traumatized me. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 3:01pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my training partner decided we were going to completely burn our legs out one day. We went to leave, my gym is 2 stories underground, and halfway up the first step my legs collasped, i had to sit on the steps and push myself up each step one by one with my arms to make it out of the gym. It took me about 15 minutes to make it up the stairs and i had to be helped into a standing position so i could walk to the car.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Wiggle your big toe!"

"WIGGLE your big toe!"
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hard part's over.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 9:14pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All those reasons are why I regularly neglect working my legs. I hate walking around like an anal rape victim.

But I'm getting back to it since I'm getting a Kilt for x-mas and want to make sure my legs don't look like pencils.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast