Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 4:11pm

Style: MMA/Kung Fu/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It really hurts to drink cold water after cheese on toast, it seems to make all the cheese go solid.Cheese on toast is so good though the pain is worth it :D

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love fine cheeses, there are two really good cheese shops in Santa Barbara. If you ever get a chance sample some Old Amsterdam or Prima Donna. I can't stop once I get those in my hands.

As for as in my diet I try to avoid them due to the high fat content. I may include a dash in certain dishes but I aim for once a week or so.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 4:35pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chedda is bedda.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 4:38pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan
    I love fine cheeses, there are two really good cheese shops in Santa Barbara. If you ever get a chance sample some Old Amsterdam or Prima Donna. I can't stop once I get those in my hands.
    I envy you c'est cheese.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is nothing wrong with cheese. Unless you are morbidly obese and your doctor has instructed you, in no bullshitting ways, that you must drop your cholesterol because your heart's health is pretty fucking shitty, then you shouldn't be avoiding eating cheese... or anything for that matter.

The key is in moderation. It is one thing to nibble some cheese. It is quite another to eat a fucking 1/4 pound, melted on top of sodium saturated, uber-refried **** every day.

Also, moderation in your entire diet is also key: Is your entire diet 4-5 days a week made of well balanced meals with plenty of fibrous greens, low fats, good lean proteins, complex carbs that satisfy your nutritional needs and no more, 5-8 meals a day, with little sugars, and with a daily caloric intake that strictly servers your needs (whether to gain, maintain or lose weight), reducing the carb content as you get close to your sleep time and with a sufficiently nutritious breakfast????

If so, then there is no harm in adding cheese with moderation to your meals, or to pig out once in a while.

However, if your diet is pretty fucking shitty, cutting on cheese is not the answer. A complete revamp and an understanding of what constitute a good, working diet is what is needed.

Don't micro-pick **** in your food. Follow the guidelines available in the sticky thread and you'll be fine with cheese and all that good ****.

Don't devoid yourself of the stuff you like. Learn how to use it without derailing your diet goals.

So says teh macho. Now go and sacrifice your virgin daughters in the name of nutrition.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 7/03/2008 4:44pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan
    Hell you could probably even get away with eating a fully cheese meal - it's mostly fat and protein and there just isn't anything wrong with fat and protein, it's great for you.
    Full cheese meal = stopped up plumbing. That's one of the main reasons I enjoy it in moderation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12