221234 Bullies, 4035 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Randy Couture's MMA Workout

Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIEm1DEST34

It's a conditioning workout by Randy. The routine is as follows:

Bent rows x8
    Upright rows x8
    Military press x8
    Good morning x8
    Lunges x8 (each leg)
    Squat push press x8
    Deadlift x8

1 minute’s rest. Do 3-5 sets depending on how much you feel like puking.
    Seeing as I can no longer train BJJ as much as I was, I was thinking of giving this a try. WHat do you guys think?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 11:09am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What happened that you can't train bjj?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 11:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can still train but not as much.

I was training 5 days a week and doing some running when I could fit it in around work but now I'm studying Anatomy and Physiology for a Personal Trainer course I'm doing and am only training BJJ 2-3 nights a week.

We have a gym right near work so I'm going to start going down there a couple of lunch times a week and thought this workoout may be pretty good.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 11:15am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna do it today- looks hard!!(particularly with only 1 mins rest)

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 11:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, let us know how it goes mate!

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 11:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love that sweet music they play in the background.

I think the order is a little strange. He does good mornings and then deadlifts.

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 11:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks good, but do you have to have 90's cop show music in the background to get the best out of the workout?

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 12:11pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon
    Looks good, but do you have to have 90's cop show music in the background to get the best out of the workout?

Yes. For best results, its also beneficial to chant mantras such as "you've got to burn it to earn it!" in conjunction with supplemental mustaches.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 12:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually going to try this with my flat mate tonight. If you don't hear from me then I crippled myself doing the good mornings.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's an RDL, not a deadlift.

Man, Randy has gotten skinny.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast