Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 3:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    Just as well, I never had over two eggs per day, and even now, the eggs are getting more and more rare. It took too damn long to cook that many eggs per day, and gave me horrible, soul crushing egg gas.
    I fucking warned you, nancy.

Here's an idea for you, I do this after training at least once or twice a week.

I buy the carton of egg white. Just purely for my own reasons, I understand the benefits of the egg yolk, but I like the eggs whites. I will put on the pan, put some Omega-3 cooking oil in the pan and put the liquid egg yolks in the pan. I will then make either half a can of Amy's Organic Refried Beans. I go take a quick shower while they are cooking and then prepare a tortilla wrap with the cooked egg whites, cooked refried beans, peach and pineapple salsa and some shredded cheese.

the beans, egg and cheese provide a good source of protein for the post workout needs.

I've since switched to a trail mix of oatmeal, almonds, raisins, cranberries, and other assorted goodies.
    This sounds good. When you get bored, which you will, change it up with coconut, dates, dried cherries, cashews, yogurt raisins, carob raisins.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 3:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    I will put on the pan, put some Omega-3 cooking oil in the pan and put the liquid egg yolks in the pan.
    I assume you meant liquid egg whites there - I'm a pretty big fan of 'em myself. $2 for a 500mL carton at Costco is a pretty good deal protein-wise. Right now I rock some scrambled eggs in the morning on weekends - would do one daily but I don't get out of bed early enough.

What cooking oil do you use? I just picked up a big bottle of extra virgin olive oil - figured I'd use it instead of butter for muffins, etc..

Also, if it's not infeasible (for lactose/budget/etc. reasons), you might want to down a whey protein shake before you start cooking and shower. It'll give you a quick hit of protein that should last until the eggs and beans are done.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 4:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    I assume you meant liquid egg whites there - I'm a pretty big fan of 'em myself. $2 for a 500mL carton at Costco is a pretty good deal protein-wise. Right now I rock some scrambled eggs in the morning on weekends - would do one daily but I don't get out of bed early enough.
    Yes, thanks....I meant the whites.
    Don't want mrbadyguy making a couple dozen Rocky shakes and have a heart attack.

What cooking oil do you use? I just picked up a big bottle of extra virgin olive oil - figured I'd use it instead of butter for muffins, etc..
    http://www.crisco.com/Products/Detai...=15&prodID=801
    or
    http://www.smartbalance.com/OilsFamily.aspx

Sometimes the store is out of one or the other.

I also use the Smart Balance Omega-3 spread. I have tried the Omega-3 eggs and didn't like the consistancy.

Also, if it's not infeasible (for lactose/budget/etc. reasons), you might want to down a whey protein shake before you start cooking and shower. It'll give you a quick hit of protein that should last until the eggs and beans are done.
    I've tried them and....well....I can't tolerate the shakes. I will have an Odwalla drink instead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 4:51pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup I cant do the hard boiled Eggs either.

I mix it up with Turkey Jerkey from Trader Joes and Trail Mix for my snacks.

Breakfast I use Ready Eggs.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I'm going to go ahead and repost what I'm eating today, because as of this morning I've gained 4 pounds since starting this diet. Yes, yes, I know you can't judge progress/lack thereof by weight, but it is reassuring to hear people say "You're eating ok". Assume for everything but dinner I'm drinking Green Tea, and for each dinner I drink a glass of skim milk.

Breakfast:
    Kashi GoLean
    Banana
    Bagel w/ Lowfat cream cheese

Breakfast 2:
    Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, with cheese
    Cottage Cheese (I found out they sell cottage cheese similar to yogurt, in to go cups)
    Yogurt covered raisins
    Cheese stick

Lunch 1:
    Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat bread, with cheese
    Yogurt
    Orange
    Trail mix (Each bag has 2 servings; 1 serving size = 120 calories, 40 from fat, total fat 4.5g (saturated 1.5), 45mg of sodium, 50mg of potassium, 14g sugars, 2g fiber, 1g protein)

Lunch 2:
    Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat bread, with cheese
    Carrots
    Apple

Dinner 1:
    Depends, last night was refried beans and lean chicken + cheese, nestled within a whole wheat tortilla

Dinner 2:
    See Dinner 1

To be honest, I didn't even think the pre-made trailmix I bought would contain so much sugar. Is that innocent green baggie of deliciousness the cause of my woes?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 11:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you had an epiphany. Just to make your life a bit more difficult, an item of food can have a low sugar count but still have a high glycemic/insulin index thanks to starches and other carbohydrates. This is why the Atkins types are always talking about "impact carbs" and the like. For me, unless I know the carbohydrate composition of a food beforehand (like skim milk), I assume that any carbohydrates that aren't fiber are straight glucose for the purposes of structuring my diet.

Also, there have been some other people here who have posted about websites to track macronutrient totals. I haven't used them myself (I use a spreadsheet for that), but maybe you could try one of 'em out and figure out what your macronutrient balance is like?

*busts out crystal ball*

I foresee... lots of carbohydrates.

*puts away crystal ball*

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 10:02pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a typo not an anti-egg vendetta.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 7:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    It was a typo not an anti-egg vendetta.
    Why do you hate the egg: bringer of life, so much?

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because sharks don't lay eggs.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456