230734 Bullies, 3859 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:03pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it's better than a Melvin Guillard documentary at least.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Quoted for truth...and LOLZ

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with everyone who has already posted knocking Chris Leben!

A guy who always leaves it in the cage and has an exciting, rock em sock em style? BOOOOOOOOO! He sucks! Tear that contract up and bring in someone with a more technical style...someone with great defense...someone that already holds a win over Chris Leben...someone like Khalib Starnes!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I don't know...a "Smashing Machine" esqe film starring the Young Assasain could be extremely entertaining!

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:10pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Raz, this isn't a 'whiney - you guys have no right' it's more of a fact. You have 0 pro fights yes? I have 0 pro fights.

In that respect I'm fairly sure that Chris could own both of us at the same time in a fight. The man has skill, you may HATE his fighting style and his character but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sure he can train people how to fight in the cage. **** even Ken Shamrock can do that :P

EDIT:

Phrost: HAHA good ol Melvin.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli

A guy who always leaves it in the cage and has an exciting, rock em sock em style? BOOOOOOOOO! He sucks! Tear that contract up and bring in someone with a more technical style...someone with great defense...someone that already holds a win over Chris Leben...someone like Khalib Starnes!
    Exciting...leaves it in the cage...rock em sock em style, for a moment there I thought you were describing kimbo slice, only without the KO power. Leben is a glorified brawler, kept on to cater to all the TUF fanboys who hate to have any aspect of grappling enter their fights, if i wanted to watch glorified street fights with zero technique then I'd save my PPV money and watch elite XC.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli

You find that **** exciting? I hate having to wade through his boring fights so I can see who know how to block a punch.

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    No Raz, this isn't a 'whiney - you guys have no right' it's more of a fact. You have 0 pro fights yes? I have 0 pro fights.

In that respect I'm fairly sure that Chris could own both of us at the same time in a fight. The man has skill, you may HATE his fighting style and his character but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sure he can train people how to fight in the cage. **** even Ken Shamrock can do that :P

EDIT:

You want to know who I am? I the consumer. I have a right to get what I pay for, I don't want to watch some emo fag gass out in the second round of throwing haymakers. It's my fourty bucks or my time being subjected to advertising that pays him. I have every right to make fun of this dumbass for running a training camp.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM

EDIT:

Ok, time for a wee bit of logic. If you had an electrician come over to fix the wiring in your house, and he fucked it up...does that mean your not allowed to complain because your not an electrician and you can't do it any better? Hell no. You payed for a professional to perform a service and he didn't do so adequatley. His ability to be better then someone who has far less experience and training doesn't justify his low skill level. So yes, we can bitch all we want.

That being said I do have to agree with you on the topic of him being a coach, the ability to teach isn't dependant upon personal success. Case in point, I coach football, I played up until I was 16 then took up MMA, another coach I work with played into college, he can't coach for ****...he's a much more experienced ball player but he lacks the ability to teach. So for all we know Leben could coach decently...even if he and all his friends are a complete bunch of douchebags.
    Last edited by benheazle; 7/01/2008 5:20pm at .

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 5:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And when did this turn into a serious discussion anyway? I guess it's my fault for posting in MMA instead of YMAS.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast