Page 4 of 7 First 1234567 Last
  1. #31
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it's better than a Melvin Guillard documentary at least.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    34
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Well it's better than a Melvin Guillard documentary at least.
    Quoted for truth...and LOLZ

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with everyone who has already posted knocking Chris Leben!

    A guy who always leaves it in the cage and has an exciting, rock em sock em style? BOOOOOOOOO! He sucks! Tear that contract up and bring in someone with a more technical style...someone with great defense...someone that already holds a win over Chris Leben...someone like Khalib Starnes!

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Well it's better than a Melvin Guillard documentary at least.
    I don't know...a "Smashing Machine" esqe film starring the Young Assasain could be extremely entertaining!

  5. #35
    ADM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,730
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Raz, this isn't a 'whiney - you guys have no right' it's more of a fact. You have 0 pro fights yes? I have 0 pro fights.

    In that respect I'm fairly sure that Chris could own both of us at the same time in a fight. The man has skill, you may HATE his fighting style and his character but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sure he can train people how to fight in the cage. **** even Ken Shamrock can do that :P

    EDIT:

    Phrost: HAHA good ol Melvin.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    34
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I agree with everyone who has already posted knocking Chris Leben!

    A guy who always leaves it in the cage and has an exciting, rock em sock em style? BOOOOOOOOO! He sucks! Tear that contract up and bring in someone with a more technical style...someone with great defense...someone that already holds a win over Chris Leben...someone like Khalib Starnes!
    Exciting...leaves it in the cage...rock em sock em style, for a moment there I thought you were describing kimbo slice, only without the KO power. Leben is a glorified brawler, kept on to cater to all the TUF fanboys who hate to have any aspect of grappling enter their fights, if i wanted to watch glorified street fights with zero technique then I'd save my PPV money and watch elite XC.

  7. #37
    Kentucky Fried Chokin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,450
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I agree with everyone who has already posted knocking Chris Leben!

    A guy who always leaves it in the cage and has an exciting, rock em sock em style? BOOOOOOOOO! He sucks! Tear that contract up and bring in someone with a more technical style...someone with great defense...someone that already holds a win over Chris Leben...someone like Khalib Starnes!
    You find that **** exciting? I hate having to wade through his boring fights so I can see who know how to block a punch.

  8. #38
    Kentucky Fried Chokin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,450
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    No Raz, this isn't a 'whiney - you guys have no right' it's more of a fact. You have 0 pro fights yes? I have 0 pro fights.

    In that respect I'm fairly sure that Chris could own both of us at the same time in a fight. The man has skill, you may HATE his fighting style and his character but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sure he can train people how to fight in the cage. **** even Ken Shamrock can do that :P

    EDIT:

    Phrost: HAHA good ol Melvin.
    You want to know who I am? I the consumer. I have a right to get what I pay for, I don't want to watch some emo fag gass out in the second round of throwing haymakers. It's my fourty bucks or my time being subjected to advertising that pays him. I have every right to make fun of this dumbass for running a training camp.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    34
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    No Raz, this isn't a 'whiney - you guys have no right' it's more of a fact. You have 0 pro fights yes? I have 0 pro fights.

    In that respect I'm fairly sure that Chris could own both of us at the same time in a fight. The man has skill, you may HATE his fighting style and his character but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sure he can train people how to fight in the cage. **** even Ken Shamrock can do that :P

    EDIT:

    Phrost: HAHA good ol Melvin.
    Ok, time for a wee bit of logic. If you had an electrician come over to fix the wiring in your house, and he fucked it up...does that mean your not allowed to complain because your not an electrician and you can't do it any better? Hell no. You payed for a professional to perform a service and he didn't do so adequatley. His ability to be better then someone who has far less experience and training doesn't justify his low skill level. So yes, we can bitch all we want.

    That being said I do have to agree with you on the topic of him being a coach, the ability to teach isn't dependant upon personal success. Case in point, I coach football, I played up until I was 16 then took up MMA, another coach I work with played into college, he can't coach for ****...he's a much more experienced ball player but he lacks the ability to teach. So for all we know Leben could coach decently...even if he and all his friends are a complete bunch of douchebags.
    Last edited by benheazle; 7/01/2008 5:20pm at .

  10. #40
    Kentucky Fried Chokin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,450
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And when did this turn into a serious discussion anyway? I guess it's my fault for posting in MMA instead of YMAS.

Page 4 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO