Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 4:33am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pardon me, however; to save me from having to read this shitty thread again, given that its old, remind me; who or should I say what had Nelson Fleming to do with this thread and its contents?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 12:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Jihad View Post
    Pardon me, however; to save me from having to read this shitty thread again, given that its old, remind me; who or should I say what had Nelson Fleming to do with this thread and its contents?
    whether intentional or not..... I have not looked at the date on a thread now and then so I will smack myself in the ass here as well...

The genleman's comments serve to:

1) Necro a thread that was resolved in most people's minds.

2) Derail to a topic onto itself... a particular occurance with this school and its relationship to the Kodokan.

thats all I can think of, and again not to sound judgemental but simply to warn junior that he is potentially stirring a big heavy Cauldron of **** soup that could spill over again.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 12:56pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Jihad View Post
    His father is shitted on in this thread. Although it is a Necro, that is why I let it alone when it first surfaced.

I'm not going to begrudge someone defense of their father, whether it is self serving or not.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 2:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Understood, thanks for the reminder; I won't bother further with the thread unless there's something entirely new/relevent to the origonal subject (which I doubt)

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 8:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, although, I'm half Japanese, I don't allow American's access to my buttons with regard to emotions stirred by words. As they say.. Consider your sources. Besides, I was there. They weren't. I remember how many times my father's students had to force him to take money for lessons so that he could pay the dojo rent. I remember how many times they had to sneek out in the middle of the night, because my father didn't realize that it was a business and not a Samurai school. I remember how his several hundred page Yubiwaza book was edited down to a tiny fraction of what my father was promised would be published. Anyone remember how groups like the Drifters and Platters were screwed over. Hey! It's all business. If we can sell it cheap, people will buy it. Who cares what the author intended. I remember how my father withdrew the style because people sought to prostitute it and I remember how many he trusted by mistake. Regardless. the people who really knew my father knew different as do I. I place as much importance his critics' beliefs as I do in their superiority to everyone that they're not associated with. Besides, you should have heard my opinion of my father when I was 16 years old. The people on this post couldn't hold a candle to my criticism. Face it... It's all human insecurity and low self esteem. What are you going to do? Just hope that they get past it and progress to a point where they can be happy and fulfilled in their lives. Anyway, as far as this being self serving? I run an international, online womens's magazine/community focused on needs vs. wants with a heavy focus on international equality issues and strengthening the family. I'm sorry... but that doesn't sound like something a self serving person does. So... my purpose here isn't to change anyone's mind. We all have our own map of the world and for each of us, it's the truth. I can't waste my time on those with static thoughts. However, if you have a question that I can answer, fire away, but don't expect me to bad mouth anyone or call anyone a name. By the way guys, this self serving son had custody of 3 children (mostly 7 days per week) for 13 years, since they were 2, 7 & 8 years old. While taking care of a mother with early stages of alzheimer's who had her lung removed 4 years ago from lung cancer, so now she lives with me. Boy! I'm a tyrant, huh? Hmmn? Thank God that the last 3 girl scout troops that I took for a hike in the woods this past week don't know how rotten I am.
    Last edited by Nick Fleming; 6/07/2009 8:18pm at .

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 8:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fleming View Post
    Actually, although, I'm half Japanese, I don't allow American's access to my buttons with regard to emotions stirred by words. As they say.. Consider your sources. Besides, I was there. They weren't. I remember how many times my father's students had to force him to take money for lessons so that he could pay the dojo rent. I remember how many times they had to sneek out in the middle of the night, because my father didn't realize that it was a business and not a Samurai school. I remember how his several hundred page Yubiwaza book was edited down to a tiny fraction of what my father was promised would be published. Anyone remember how groups like the Drifters and Platters were screwed over. Hey! It's all business. If we can sell it cheap, people will buy it. Who cares what the author intended. I remember how my father withdrew the style because people sought to prostitute it and I remember how many he trusted by mistake. Regardless. the people who really knew my father knew different as do I. I place as much importance his critics' beliefs as I do in their superiority to everyone that they're not associated with. Besides, you should have heard my opinion of my father when I was 16 years old. The people on this post couldn't hold a candle to my criticism. Face it... It's all human insecurity and low self esteem. What are you going to do? Just hope that they get past it and progress to a point where they can be happy and fulfilled in their lives. Anyway, as far as this being self serving? I run an international, online womens's magazine/community focused on needs vs. wants with a heavy focus on international equality issues and strengthening the family. I'm sorry... but that doesn't sound like something a self serving person does. So... my purpose here isn't to change anyone's mind. We all have our own map of the world and for each of us, it's the truth. I can't waste my time on those with static thoughts. However, if you have a question that I can answer, fire away, but don't expect me to bad mouth anyone or call anyone a name. By the way guys, this self serving son had custody of 3 children (mostly 7 days per week) for 13 years, since they were 2, 7 & 8 years old. While taking care of a mother with early stages of alzheimer's who had her lung removed 4 years ago from lung cancer, so now she lives with me. Boy! I'm a tyrant, huh? Hmmn? Thank God that the last 3 girl scout troops that I took for a hike in the woods this past week don't know how rotten I am.
    What do you need Nick?

What do you hope to accomplish by stating the above, which by the way is very nice to hear, I mean I don't want to imply you have to have an agenda to post it. Many of us try to teach like your father did He was a good guy to do that I agree with him 100% and try to teach the same way (much to the chagrine to a few folks). You sound like a good guy as well Nick... But there are others who are **** heads who use Koryu legitamacy as an excuse to be pricks to other people... Heck they would use anything they could to that effect so the mere fact that we are talking about an art is in a sense irrelevant.

I have a friend who does it with me!! the fuckhead wants me to kiss his ass because he went to Japan and learned Tanachi Ryu.... you know what? As spidey says with great power comes great responsability... your father may have been one who weilded it properly... some are not and it is a shame.

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 9:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hang tough Simon, People like that are always going to be around. If you let them distract you, they win. My father always said, the first rule is to remove the object in danger. In this case, it's your "peace of mind". It's all about Kuzushi. Never let them off balance you. Besides, don't you think you're asigning excess importance to what they think? Do you let flies at a barbecue affect you at a deeply personal level? Better to just acknowledge (not agree) how great they THINK they are, which will be their own undoing. Let em go, man... They'll crash. They're just a bunch of flies. Be patient. They'll be eating **** soon. Sorry, I know that was uncalled for, but I couldn't help it.b Actually, the reality is that they're not your concern anyway. All you can do is focus on your own waza, right? Hey, if you ever want to work on your patience, deal with divorce attorneys charging you $300.00 per hour for almost 4 years of divorce and custody battle, who charge you 3 times for the same thing. LOL! Hey.. I learned to just let it go. My peace of mind was worth more. Oh! In answer to your question, the only reason that I'm here is to honor my father and answer any questions that I can truthfully. Incidentally, I wouldn't lie for my father or anyone else. If he screwed up? Oh well! I guess he was human.
    Last edited by Nick Fleming; 6/07/2009 9:19pm at .

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 9:28pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fleming View Post
    Hang tough Simon, People like that are always going to be around. If you let them distract you, they win. My father always said, the first rule is to remove the object in danger. In this case, it's your "peace of mind". It's all about Kuzushi. Never let them off balance you. Besides, don't you think you're asigning excess importance to what they think? Do you let flies at a barbecue affect you at a deeply personal level? Better to just acknowledge (not agree) how great they THINK they are, which will be their own undoing. Let em go, man... They'll crash. They're just a bunch of flies. Be patient. They'll be eating **** soon. Sorry, I know that was uncalled for, but I couldn't help it.b Actually, the reality is that they're not your concern anyway. All you can do is focus on your own waza, right? Hey, if you ever want to work on your patience, deal with divorce attorneys charging you $300.00 per hour for almost 4 years of divorce and custody battle, who charge you 3 times for the same thing. LOL! Hey.. I learned to just let it go. My peace of mind was worth more. Oh! In answer to your question, the only reason that I'm here is to honor my father and answer any questions that I can truthfully. Incidentally, I wouldn't lie for my father or anyone else. If he screwed up? Oh well! I guess he was human.
    Understood. That makes sense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 3:27am

Style: Koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Nick!

I met your mother in Fukuoka, talked with her rather extensively. I hope she is well. If memory serves it seems you were there too, correct?

How have you been?

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 3:59am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I have. Its a good book. I don't agree with everything he states but does a good job of putting training into perspective if SD is what you are going for.
    Yeah man! He covers all sorts of angles, different martial perspectives.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839