Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

H2H: who are the professionals?

(this was inspired by the military H2H thread)

I'm asking this because I am currently writing character bios for a comic book. I draw. I am putting together a proposal for a company. Anyway, here is the question:

What branch of the military or law enforcement do you feel is the best trained in hand to hand (unarmed) combat?

A. SWAT
    B. The Secret Service
    C. ATF
    D. Navy SEALS
    E. Army Rangers
    F. Marine Special Forces
    G. The FBI
    H. The CIA
    I. Government ninjas!
    J. Prison guards
    K. bouncers
    L. organized criminals and hit men
    M. actors preparing for roles in The Matrix
    N. crowd control at Britney Spheres concerts

All kidding aside, any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

If anyone has experience with the secret service, the FBI, NSA, Homeland Security or whatever .. or has a good article, please post it. Thanks.

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    H.(Former army/navy/marine SF turned CIA op.)

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe CIA paramilitary.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that's just because I tried to take your question as seriously as possible.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:34am

Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that some cops will actually take their training very seriously, they should be on your list, probably above the military, and the military should be below a rent a cop.

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're an idiot.

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. Sorry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:38am

Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you seen some of the martial arts involved in basic training, it is very basic, and most people who are in elite groups won't do night raids all in black with just a knife and their bare hands.

I do not care really, I am basing this off what exists where I live, it could be a different situation for you. I know a few cops that take their hand to hand training very serious, and actually train more than they are required to do.

Most military groups teach you just enough techniques to make sure you will live, that is nothing. Anyone can punch someone else in the throat, or choke some one to death.

A cop also gets a lot of practice from his job, he has to taken down drunks, stoners, people who are way to cocky, and etc. He is out there almost everyday having to use the skills he was trained in.
    Last edited by Remmah; 12/03/2003 12:41am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:39am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with some navy seals guys (i live in San Diego, home of the seals). They didn't know **** about H2H. They were training in a BJJ school, so they wanted to get better, but I could tap any of them.

Of course, they have guns, so there's no need for them to be good at H2H. My point is that other than being really fit and tough, someone isn't going to be good at kicking ass just because they're a seal.

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But seriously...SOME cops will take their training seriously...so therefore they should be above the military?

Are you kidding? Or have you just not thought that reasoning through?

SOME soldiers will take their training seriously. In fact, I guarantee that more soldiers will take their training seriously than rent-a-cops.

But I'll bite. I'll go measure myself against local rent-a-cops...Won't be very nice though...All those wheezy old men and Trekkie fat boys...
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast