Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas
    Do you think this is this the same exact pad as the CS DAT pad you're talking about for $15 less with a different brand name patch sown onto it or is there an actual difference in quality?

Compare:

http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=25034

http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=23264
    those are the same belly pad with a different brand name patch. get the cheaper one for sure.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 11:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by octaviousbp
    I've been a shill for Boon Sport lately. Tune may change after years of wear, but so far it's good stuff. The pad is thick, you can buy two or one piece, and velcro or buckle. I settled on velcro after his vouching for quality, but am a bit worried it will wear-down after a couple years of use. Time will tell.
    Boon sports looks like nice stuff, but unless I couldn't find it on their site, has no prices listed and only does school-sized orders for $500+ worth of stuff, which might have worked a few years ago, but since moving it's just me and a padholding slave for now.

I'm going to opt for the $29 Ringside. As long as that dome air pad does the job, if it breaks down in 1.5-2 years, **** it, it was only $29.
    Last edited by maofas; 7/12/2008 8:38pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://store.titleboxing.com/delbodprot.html
    I use one of these- works great. I've taken strikes from big strong guys with it without much trouble.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12