Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 4:19am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Persimons = Sharron fruit in the UK for some reason.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 7:19am

Style: MMA/Kung Fu/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems to be getting a bit better now, have been drinking cranberry juice daily so perhaps was just a case of getting used to it!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 7:52am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it could be that, or maybe that you need to be more hydrated (you need to drink lots of water.) But you should also try yogurt (and pineapple or papaya). That really helps in digesting protein.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 7:53am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    the only side effect i have had from whey protein is lots of stinky gas. that went away eventually.
    I usually get those sometimes (specially if I don't drink enough water or have too much coffee). It's like having a toxic, Venusian athmosphere around you :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 8:15am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Yeah, it could be that, or maybe that you need to be more hydrated (you need to drink lots of water.)
    QFT

i remember once at the health food store, the counter guy took one look at the abundance and variety of protein products i was buying and said "i hope you're drinking a LOT of water with that stuff, you'll need it!"
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 8:53am

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    the only side effect i have had from whey protein is lots of stinky gas. that went away eventually.
    Me? I'm kind of a fart knocker in general so I try to eat plenty of yogurt to keep down on the air pollution.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123