I show my displeasure by leaving a full body sweat stain on the mat

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 11:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the opposite end of the spectrum, how is it training in a cold gym? I live in South Louisiana and our pathetic excuse for a winter is from February to maybe early April, and it gets to about 30 degrees F at the coldest and only at night.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sucks. We have 9am saturday morning open mat (it really is run in a fairly intense manner, we do rounds for the first hour plus). During the winter it's maybe 40 degrees in there, if any heat was trapped from the class the night before. The mats are cold (and usually wet from mopping since they won't dry), the air is cold, you're cold, your feet are freezing, the mats are hard and it takes about 20 minutes to get even decently warmed up.

On days when it is in the teens outside, its maybe in the high thirties inside. A couple minutes into training and everyone has steam coming off of them.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 12:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    It sucks. We have 9am saturday morning open mat (it really is run in a fairly intense manner, we do rounds for the first hour plus). During the winter it's maybe 40 degrees in there, if any heat was trapped from the class the night before. The mats are cold (and usually wet from mopping since they won't dry), the air is cold, you're cold, your feet are freezing, the mats are hard and it takes about 20 minutes to get even decently warmed up.

On days when it is in the teens outside, its maybe in the high thirties inside. A couple minutes into training and everyone has steam coming off of them.
    That kind of training can't be healthy...

I understand a lack of AC, but...why don't you guys get a space heater or something!?!

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's really only an issue in the morning, and there's only one morning class a week. The rest are midday or evening by which time it has more than suitably warmed up.

It also may not be quite that cold, but if feels like it. 40 degrees isn't that bad anyway if you're warm.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 1:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the cold ( I am Canadian eh)

Frankly 10 minutes of skipping rope makes the cold go away. I find it easier to breathe to.

The only issue with the cold is not drying your gi, sticking it in your bag in your trunk of your car, going to work and then going to class after work and now putting on your 'ice" gi

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Today only 7 people showed up for class so it wasn't as stuffy as Tuesday.

I still gassed after my second roll but oh well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 3:37pm

Style: Hapkido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We train Judo in a high school wrestling room. During the Summer the A/C is off and there are no windows or fans in the room.

Lately it's been around 95 degrees here with a heat index of well over 100. In those conditions, I'm pretty much soaked through my gi in the first 15 minutes of class. By the time randori rolls around, I am counting on dying of a heat stroke at any moment. Newaza is the absolute worst in those conditions. If I get caught in a pin, I usually just end up tapping because the body heat from the other person makes it almost impossible to breathe. (And I suck at getting out of pins anyway.) If I were doing BJJ, I would just have to take the summers off.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234