Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Hell is This?

Debacle.

Who turns their back and wanders off mid-fight?

How is that fighter alone confronting fans?

What, is he taunting them?

How does he get labeled by a punch that was telegraphed so hard that Western Union is considering suing?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps the fighter that turned his back heard something and believed the round was finished?

The punch isn't all that telegraphed, since the fighter wasn't looking in that direction, plus he was in a position where he couldn't dodge in any pratical way.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nasty to watch, I knew the guy from my old gym.

Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    L.O.L. That is definitely meme-worthy, thanks for sharing.
    Dick
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    The punch isn't all that telegraphed, since the fighter wasn't looking in that direction, plus he was in a position where he couldn't dodge in any pratical way.
    Maybe he was looking a bit to the left, on first viewing I thought he was looking straight at the attacker. He could certainly cover up, jump off the turnbuckle, etc.

DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Maybe he was looking a bit to the left, on first viewing I thought he was looking straight at the attacker. He could certainly cover up, jump off the turnbuckle, etc.
    Well yes but reflexes are much slower when you aren't expecting a punch vs during a match.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea what to think of this. I'm actually sitting here arguing with myself about it, to the point that I may start trying to bite my own face.

One half of my brain is saying that is the most unsportsmanlike, dickish thing I have ever seen.

The other side of my brain is screaming that these are professional fighters in a legit competition. They should both be fighting to win.

There was 2:40 left in the round, the ref hadn't called a stop to the action, and the blow that was landed was perfectly legal.

Serious question here, and I'm hoping some experienced fighters will jump in with some sort of explanation... absent a misunderstood or misinterpreted cue from the ref making him believe the round was over, what in the hell could possibly explain why that guy would just stop fighting and turn his back to his opponent.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the knee to the head left Grigorian disoriented.

Style
    BJJ blue, judo ikkyu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    absent a misunderstood or misinterpreted cue from the ref making him believe the round was over, what in the hell could possibly explain why that guy would just stop fighting and turn his back to his opponent.
    He just ate a big knee. Maybe he was concussed. People do wacky things when they're concussed.

e.g. Rolles Gracie turning around, walking away, and falling face-first to the mat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ye53BKyTF8
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Well yes but reflexes are much slower when you aren't expecting a punch vs during a match.
    True, he was late to react, and if he wasn't directly clowning the guy, he'd have no time to gauge his intentions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last