Barre Fighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I hereby promote myself

I hereby promote myself to Pink Belt!

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has been going around the BJJ circles for sure, I say **** it, the guy is at least being honest about WHO is promoting him.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well my question is can he compete? If he goes against other brown belts can he hold his own and acquit himself well? If he can, I think it's a potentially dangerous practice, but whatever.

If he competes with other brown belts and has a clinic run on him like Andre Galvao did on this self-appointed black belt... well then we know he's a fake:

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Well my question is can he compete? If he goes against other brown belts can he hold his own and acquit himself well? If he can, I think it's a potentially dangerous practice, but whatever.
    I believe he has medalled at the purple belt level.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    If it was heavyweight master 5 then i heard he was the only one in that division.

If you read the jiujitsu times interview with him. He is totally dillusional. there was even black magic and idol worship in his rant about bjj. His martial arts training history is sketchy.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    If it was heavyweight master 5 then i heard he was the only one in that division.

If you read the jiujitsu times interview with him. He is totally dillusional. there was even black magic and idol worship in his rant about bjj. His martial arts training history is sketchy.
    On Reddit they had a link to the IBJJF bracket where he medalled, he was the sole competitor in his division. Though even if he did genuinely earn a purple belt medal, that doesn't necessarily mean he is brown belt material, that means he's a skilled purple belt. If he can do well against Brown belts, I'll consider him possibly actually worthy of the belt he gave himself. Still a sketchy practice, but... yeah I'm pretty sure he's delusional.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    On Reddit they had a link to the IBJJF bracket where he medalled, he was the sole competitor in his division.
    It was heavy weight master 4 that was the participation gold. I was counting the bronze he picked up in the open division of the same comp (I prefer to do my own searching rather than rely on reddit).

http://static.ibjjfdb.com/Campeonato...US/Results.pdf

Oh no doubt that man is a nut. Just fact-checking the conversation.
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 11/08/2016 12:49am at .
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get why these people who don't believe in the belt system even bother ranking themselves. If you don't buy into it, just don't wear a belt.

Of course, the community always insists that its a bunch of fighters who police themselves via challenge matches, etc. Haven't seen that happen yet here.

Style
    BJJ/Zumba
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I don't get why these people who don't believe in the belt system even bother ranking themselves. If you don't buy into it, just don't wear a belt.

Of course, the community always insists that its a bunch of fighters who police themselves via challenge matches, etc. Haven't seen that happen yet here.
    This was my first thought too & my wise words to pupil Daniel-san...

Daniel: Hey, what kind of belt do you have?

Miyagi: Canvas. JC Penney, $3.98. You like?

Daniel: [laughs] No, I meant...

Miyagi: In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope to hold up pants.

[laughs; then, seriously]
    Miyagi: Daniel-san...

[taps his head]
    Miyagi: BJJ here.

[taps his heart]
    Miyagi: BJJ here.

[points to his belt]
    Miyagi: BJJ never here. Understand?

Wait...I'll just self-promote to Brown Belt, can get updated tag?
    Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 11/08/2016 8:57pm at . Reason: Brown tag? Hahaha
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post

He said in jjt interview that he belives in the belt system just not hierachy which is bs cos its one in the same. He believes the belts are a mark of progress and wouldnt mind if his students promote themselves. This logic is flawed cos what if guy is like 'know what i think im ready to be a black belt now, step aside coach ill teach from now on'.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last