218308 Bullies, 5999 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registeredTagger Second ClassOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjin View Post
    Good stuff rabbit, although the no face hitting makes me a sad panda. Is there any lei tai/sanda with:
    You're sitting on the top of a pile of it.

You should lurk more and read threads before posting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 2:08pm

Style: Xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant the combination of all those, I've watched pretty much every video in here. I was basically looking for sanda footage with a ruleset similar to muay thai in terms of allowed strikes and safety equipment from MMA. I realize that's pretty specific. I saw some sparring that might fit the bill, but not competition per se. Although some of the older footage might have all that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 2:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1980's Taiwan Full Contact Tournament

These play in a list but its some full contact with minimal gloves. Pretty sure one of these guys is doing Baguazhang.

solves problems with violence

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1980's Taiwan Full Contact Tournament

These play in a list but its some full contact with minimal gloves. Pretty sure one of these guys is doing Baguazhang.
    holy crap, the guy in yellow in the second video unleashed a metric ton of shuai jiao badassery on his opponent! that last throw he dropped the guy on his head!

i'm wondering if face punches were allowed in this, from the footage i think not.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

solves problems with violence

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good stuff rabbit, although the no face hitting makes me a sad panda. Is there any lei tai/sanda with:

MMA gloves
    Palm and elbow striking to head and body
    Knees to the head and body
    Punches allowed to the head and body

It's annoying how arbitrary some of the rules in full contact are. At least that one just straight up admits that the point is to avoid head trauma but all the different rulesets with such selectivity about what you can do with strikes to the head is annoying.
    the baltimore lei tai has all that but with headgear with face cages, was that another thing you needed? no headgear?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registeredTagger Second ClassOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another new video I wanted to post and almost forgot.

1994 San Shou Nationals and interview footage featuring Cung Le and Jason Yee. Hard to believe this video is almost 20 years old now...damn.

Old school footage of a young 176lbs CUNG LE in his first National San-Shou Championship. Also, features then returning 164lbs San-Shou Champion, JASON YEE. From the 1994 US NATIONAL SAN SHOU CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    holy crap, the guy in yellow in the second video unleashed a metric ton of shuai jiao badassery on his opponent! that last throw he dropped the guy on his head!

i'm wondering if face punches were allowed in this, from the footage i think not.
    definitely not. Those gloves theyre using are kind of weird too. Super minimal. The bagua guy had some nice changes here and there
    the baltimore lei tai has all that but with headgear with face cages, was that another thing you needed? no headgear?
    Nice, missed that one.

Here's another channel with a shitload of Lei Tai style fights, guy here pops off a nice KO with the left hook. Think this is in europe somewhere by the names of some of the videos. They seem to have a lot of organized sanda stuff there.
    WM Lei Tai - Kuoshu Tournament 2009 - Fastest K.O. Better Quali

Edit: switzerland i guess

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I don't think so either..but that's still some alright stuff there.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    12/08/2012 4:34am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant the combination of all those, I've watched pretty much every video in here. I was basically looking for sanda footage with a ruleset similar to muay thai in terms of allowed strikes and safety equipment from MMA. I realize that's pretty specific. I saw some sparring that might fit the bill, but not competition per se. Although some of the older footage might have all that.
    Sifu Rob Simpson in the UK has organised some Kuoshu fights with MMA gloves, no face cages and elbows and knees allowed to head and body. He also allowed a few seconds (can't remember if it was 5 or 15) on the floor. I don't know when the next one might be, but he has a facebook group about his Kuoshu org here:-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/81303767340/

This is his site: http://www.kuoshu.co.uk/

(He also teaches Shuai Jiao and Tien Shan Pai)
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 12:30am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clips from a 2002 sanda tournament:

The channel has a number of complete fights as well.

This one is fun. Check out 00:30:

Last edited by Rivington; 12/10/2012 12:39am at .
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast