Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 7:23am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon
    If Setanta doesn't have it I'd doubt it'll be on.
    Agreed. Setanta has been running quite a bit of UFC back catalogue (UK Sp) recently and they've taken over from Bravo on the UFC UK contests.

I'm happy enough cos it's Free on Virgin Media - and I get the Footy and World Championship boxing.

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 7:27am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Setanta has bought all the UFC/TUF fighter from now on, no more PPV but it does mean that you need to subcribe to setanta for like 10 a month.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 7:58am

Style: BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aye, Setanta's not bad but I won't be subscribing unless they can confirm they aren't just showing the PPV's live, I don't know how many people they think will be watching 3am to 6am on a Satuday night/Sunday morning, but I've got better things to be doing. A Sunday evening replay, like Bravo did could change my mind. The UFC's UK website doesn't mention any replay for this or the Silva/Irvin fight night.

I understand why the UFC's done it, a subscription channel like Setanta puts a few more dollars in their pocket, but only having their marquee events shown at times that insomniacs, hardcore fans and the chronically unemployable can watch is a step back, especially given all the work the UFC's put into growing the business in the UK.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 8:09am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you checked the TV Guide to see if it's repeated on Setanta the next day?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 4:19am

Style: BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only replay Setanta lists after the live broadcast is on Wednesday night, which pretty much guarantees I won't be getting Setanta and my UFC watchin' will be confined to the tinternet.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 6:25am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Have you checked the TV Guide to see if it's repeated on Setanta the next day?
    It should be. I saw Manny Pacquio KO David Diaz yesterday at Midday. Sod, staying up until 5AM it shags you out for Sunday. Tremendous contest, BTW, and the KO was a sudden surprise but mainly because Diaz had his Head slightly turned so he could not have seen the finishing punch. What a great competitor though, terrific Heart. PacMAn was just, just GREAT.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 8:24am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nisezoom
    Only replay Setanta lists after the live broadcast is on Wednesday night, which pretty much guarantees I won't be getting Setanta and my UFC watchin' will be confined to the tinternet.
    Man, you need to get Sky Plus. It's awesome.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12