Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 7:54am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus stuff like quinoa and bulgar wheat is really good has a high protein level and can be used as a replacement for rice/pasta in most meals.

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 9:36am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Also, lean chicken breast. Cook it anyway you want and put it on ziploc bags. Then freeze them. Take the ones you are going to eat out of the freezer and into the meat section of your fridge a couple of days before eating.

Put some chicken and frozen brocolli in plastic containers in the morning (the frozen brocolli acts as coolant.)

Voila.

ps. And read the sticky thread!!!!!
    This. Also remember that the taste of the chicken is going to be largely dependent on how you season it. Salt and pepper goes on pretty much every meat, and prefereably before you grill (foreman) them. I like to take out the meat i'm going to eat tommorow and stick it in the fridge to slowly defrost it. I'll go ahead and rub down the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and whatever i've got for spices, then pour a little olive oil in the plastic bag and stick it back in the fridge.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to eliminate carbs from my diet to lose fat but after a while, my training suffered. I found that I was running out of physical strength and gassing so quickly it was silly. Now I have carbs in the morning and for lunch and cut them in the afternoon. I also take carbs with protein in a recovery drink and am actually losing more fat now than I was before.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^ Exaaaaactly. Also, it depends on the person. Some people handle carbs better than others. That is, they can gobble on carbs and not fatten up as others would (for the later, they need more grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, but that's another topic.)

Anyways, carbs are fuel. We gotta earn the carbs we take, that is, we must be physically active to earn them.

But that doesn't mean we can freely remove them. We need them. That's how our bodies operate. It's not as much as removal of carbs, but controlling the types, and the timing during the day in which we ingest them. Timing is actually more important than size control. 40 grams of carbs from whole wheat products are great in the morning, not so 1 hour before bedtime, for example.

This is a good video of one possible consequence of not taking enough carbs.

YouTube - How To Beat The Sugar Cravings -- Ask Rhadi Webisode Two
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 10:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Macho, how do you rate multigrain bagels? We get free food at work and while most of it isn't stuff I would eat, there's also a lot of cheese and multigrain bagels coming in.

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 2:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on the fiber content. A lof of "multigrain" products are just processed grain ones with some multigrain stuff in it.

If you know the brand of the bagels, check them on the net. A multi-grain/whole wheat mini-bagel (43g, 110cals), should contain about 3g of fiber and 5g of protein and 20+/- carbs. A larger bagel (200cals, 80-something g) should contain about twice as much fiber, protein and carbs.

But fiber is the differentiator. The fiber content on a true whole wheat/multi-grain product should be equal or better than oatmeal. A starchy bagel may be over 200cals and yet have only 1g of fiber. The higher fiber content per amount of carbs, the better.

If the bagels are not truly multigrain, you can still use them. If you have a fridge at work, bring a jar of peanut butter and a container full of either oat/wheat bran, wheat germ or ground flaxseed, and splenda or some other low-cal sugar substitute).

Then, put the cheese spread in one side, peanut butter on the other, and pringle a teaspoon of oat/wheat bran, wheat germ or ground flaxseed and splenda.

Then cut the bagel in halves, and voila, each half is a good fiber rich snack.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 2:29pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fuckers are making me hungry.

I'm gonna go steal someone's snacks out of the work fridge in a minute here.

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 2:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on the fiber content. A lof of "multigrain" products are just processed grain ones with some multigrain stuff in it.

If you know the brand of the bagels, check them on the net. A multi-grain/whole wheat mini-bagel (43g, 110cals), should contain about 3g of fiber and 5g of protein and 20+/- carbs. A larger bagel (200cals, 80-something g) should contain about twice as much fiber, protein and carbs.

But fiber is the differentiator. The fiber content on a true whole wheat/multi-grain product should be equal or better than oatmeal. A starchy bagel may be over 200cals and yet have only 1g of fiber. The higher fiber content per amount of carbs, the better.

If the bagels are not truly multigrain, you can still use them. If you have a fridge at work, bring a jar of peanut butter and a container full of either oat/wheat bran, wheat germ or ground flaxseed, and splenda or some other low-cal sugar substitute).

Then, put the cheese spread in one side, peanut butter on the other, and pringle a teaspoon of oat/wheat bran, wheat germ or ground flaxseed and splenda.

Did I mention that we get Peanut Butter at work too? :icon_albi

Find myself reaching for the Nutella these days though, Hazlenut chocolate spread mmmmm
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 3:50pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dude you're a fkin genius and this is exactly what I was getting at.

I had a lot of success with straight-on Ketosis, but the muscular endurance killed me, fats were instant-energy, it worked pretty well, but not *that* well.

I'm also going to try the chicken idea. I'm also thinking of baking a few lbs of bacon in the oven at a time, a few roasts too and I'll baggy it all in the freezer and take it out as I need it at school and work.

This is going to work out PERFECTLY.

Didn't think I'd get so many responses - thanks everyone.

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 7:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another protein rich snack. Boiled egg patties.
    You'll need the following:

- two 2-cup microwavebable (sp) plastic containers (or a 4-cup container of same quality). If you don't have this, use heavy duty, freezable ziploc bags large enough to put 2 cups of fluid stuff in them (see below*)

- two eggs and 1/4 cup of egg white.
    - 1/4 tomatoes
    - 1/4 microwaved and diced okra, sparragus, spinach, radish/mustard leaves, brocolli and/or cauliflower
    - 1/4 microwaved and diced mushrooms (good for zinc)
    - 2 tbsp of wheat germ, oat bran or ground flaxseed
    - 1/4 cooked/smoked salmon, tuna, chicken, ham, tofu, beef, animal remains or whatever that is rich in protein (and ideally rich in omega-3 oil stuff midicholrian thingies).
    - add salt, pepper, some cummin and other spices as you wish.

Mix all that good **** and pour them in the containers. If you mix them too hard, it may produce some foam, so you have to wait until the liquid sits down.

In the meantime, put water in a large enough pot to a boil. Once it's boiling, turn off the heat and take the pot out of the heat.

Then, seal the containers and put them afloat in the water.

Wait for about 20 minutes.

Take the containers out and see if the mix is solid. If not, re-heat the water and repeat.

Take the containers out of the water and take the solidified mix out. It will look like a bread/pudding thingie.

Cut it into four servings.

You can eat like if it was tofu or you can put it in whole wheat bagel/bread/pita with some humus or tehima.

You can semi-freeze them and put them in the fridge (don't freeze them completely, though.) It should be good for a couple of days.

Pretty freaking good snack if you ask me.

* If you need to use freeze-resisting ziploc bags, pour the mix and seal the ziplocs, making sure you leave as little air as possible, and put them in the hot water (try to put them on their side rather than heads down to get a flat result).

The bags will most likely won't survive for future use (as opposed to the containers), but that's no biggie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12