Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 1:25am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes moose, my kryptonite is fat whores followed up by moronic rambling. Uuuughhhh gotta go.

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 3:47am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    yes moose, my kryptonite is fat whores followed up by moronic rambling. Uuuughhhh gotta go.
    So you jack off to The View?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Very much so.
    Seriously. Top rank heavyweights vs weight change tune-up fights? I know where my money is going.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 11:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree with the pirate. the affliction card is pretty sweet, and despite all the hype/waiting/bullshit watching Fedor face a top ranked UFC HW is wicked. I'm not the biggest Tim Sylvia fan, but he's a legitimate challenge. and the fact that you also get to see Barnett and Arlovski on this card make it the most kick ass night of HW fights i can think of ever.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 11:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sashimi_style
    i agree with the pirate. the affliction card is pretty sweet, and despite all the hype/waiting/bullshit watching Fedor face a top ranked UFC HW is wicked. I'm not the biggest Tim Sylvia fan, but he's a legitimate challenge. and the fact that you also get to see Barnett and Arlovski on this card make it the most kick ass night of HW fights i can think of ever.
    :evil6:

:chewy:

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 12:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sashimi_style
    I'm not the biggest Tim Sylvia fan, but he's a legitimate challenge.
    lol, no?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Affliction managed to turn what was almost automatically a great card into a solidly mediocre one via stupid matchmaking.

Fedor/Sylvia is the only seriously interesting fight on the card, and Fedor vs almost any of the other heavies on the card would be a better and more intriguing match. Fedor/Sylvia is a good match because it's Fedor vs a ranked opponent for a change, but realistically Sylvia has no chance whatsoever on the ground, whereas Barnett, Rizzo, or Arlovski would stand a decent chance of at least surviving.

Aside from the main event, we have -

Barnett/Rizzo - a rematch nobody cares about. If Barnett wins it doesn't affect his ranking at all and doesn't put him any closer to a fight with Fedor (which realistically is the big Barnett fight out there everyone wants to see), and if he loses he just lost to a guy who's 2-2 with two KO losses in his last 4.

Arlovski/Rothwell - if I wanted to watch Arlovski crushing a C-class heavyweight, I'd watch every Arlovski victory in the UFC pre-Sylvia.

Babalu/Whitehead - having Babalu and Little Nog on the same card, not fighting each other, with Babalu fighting Mike Whitehead of all people and Little Nog fighting a middleweight that washed out of the UFC borders on criminally retarded matchmaking.

Most of the time when a show has poor matchups it's because sufficient talent is either unavailable or unaffordable; this is actually more frustrating because they have an incredibly stacked card of talent but they've wasted them all in matchups where one guy is a huge favorite so if they win, who cares, it doesn't move them up the ranks at all, and if there's a huge upset it fucks up future matchmaking.

consider that with the fighters they have, the card could look like this -

Fedor/Barnett
    Sylvia/Rizzo
    Arlovski/Aleks
    Babalu/Little Nog
    Rothwell/Buentello

Every fight on there is an evenly matched one where there's no huge favorite, and all the winners would have a number of new matchups that would be made interesting by the results. Instead, we get a card full of the best heavyweights in the world, except almost none of them are fighting each other.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123