Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 5:02pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lutta Corsa

This is a really suspect MA. Unfortianitlly I don't read french but this sounds like It might be Corsican nationalist bullshido. There is a website in french:

http://ftev.ifrance.com/

And A wikipedia entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutta_corsa

From what little french I know I think the founders of Lutta Corsa are claiming a Roman/greek orgin but then again I don't speak French.

Maybe their is some one out there who in bullshido who can read French.

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 5:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by A.M.
    This is a really suspect MA. Unfortianitlly I don't read french but this sounds like It might be Corsican nationalist bullshido. There is a website in french:

http://ftev.ifrance.com/

And A wikipedia entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutta_corsa

From what little french I know I think the founders of Lutta Corsa are claiming a Roman/greek orgin but then again I don't speak French.

Maybe their is some one out there who in bullshido who can read French.

I suspect people are going to want to know your beef with the art.... what is fraudelant about it. They probably will be a lot more sarcstic and mean spirited about this inquiry.... So ask yourself a question or two. First, there are arts that are reconstructions.

Ironickly enough Pankreton (spelling?) is an art that was done as a reconstruction by Jim Arvantis with quite a bit of success. To my knowledge JIm Arvantis never claimed otherwise and is well respected based on his reconstruction/interpretation of the ancient Hellinic Greek Arts.

Reconstructions are not fraudelent when the creator is honest about the arts origins.

So first question is: is this art a reconstruction?

Start there..... As I suspect that this might be your beef with the art. If it is, ask the founders (email) if they are reconstructing an art or claiming a connection to the art otherwise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 5:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no beef. I just want the truth. Also If it is a reconstruction I will admit I'm wrong and apologize . The that makes me angry is when people invent false histories for their own personal agendas ( It distorts the real legitimate history). I will do email him. I'm new at this stuff.

update: I emailed him but my email has been acting screwy lately so I will email him from a different email acount. I'll tell you his response. I hope I'm wrong and that
    this thread is a mistake.
    Last edited by A.M.; 6/24/2008 6:32pm at .

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 6:33pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no beef. I just want the truth. Also If it is a reconstruction I will admit I'm wrong and apologize . The that makes me angry is when people invent false histories for their own personal agendas ( It distorts the real legitimate history). I will do email him. I'm new at this stuff.
    Probably unintentionally, but I think you are out of line here by posting in this forum first instead of posting the question about what is going on. I used babelfish ( a machine translator) and it might be an attempt to recreate/preserve a traditional "fight". It may be wrestling or it may be a dance like fight that was a cultural thing. I could not tell for sure. Either way, be careful about making accusations. There have been top notch investigations done here and I don't want to see this forum lose credibility.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 6:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321
    Probably unintentionally, but I think you are out of line here by posting in this forum first instead of posting the question about what is going on. I used babelfish ( a machine translator) and it might be an attempt to recreate/preserve a traditional "fight". It may be wrestling or it may be a dance like fight that was a cultural thing. I could not tell for sure. Either way, be careful about making accusations. There have been top notch investigations done here and I don't want to see this forum lose credibility.
    Yeah your probablly right. I will send him a email and If I am wrong I deserve to be banned for starting this thread.

I'll post an update when he emails me back.
    Last edited by A.M.; 6/24/2008 6:57pm at .

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 7:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah your probablly right. I will send him a email and If I am wrong I deserve to be banned for starting this thread.

I'll post an update when he emails me back.
    haha easy... no need to fall on your sword!

One problem is definitely the language thing. This adds an element to it. I will ask my Cajun wife (she speaks/reads French) to have a look at the website and see what the guy is saying.

EDIT:

Ok that was quick. It is a reconstruction. In the primary mission statement he says that the mission is to reconstruct the art.

So the guy is on the level AM... I can't speak for everybody but don't be so hard on yourself. And you have just learned that it is a legitimate enterprise under some circumstances to reconstruct an older art.
    Last edited by Dsimon3387; 6/24/2008 7:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 8:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    haha easy... no need to fall on your sword!

One problem is definitely the language thing. This adds an element to it. I will ask my Cajun wife (she speaks/reads French) to have a look at the website and see what the guy is saying.

EDIT:

Ok that was quick. It is a reconstruction. In the primary mission statement he says that the mission is to reconstruct the art.

So the guy is on the level AM... I can't speak for everybody but don't be so hard on yourself. And you have just learned that it is a legitimate enterprise under some circumstances to reconstruct an older art.
    Thank you. I won't be to quick to point the finger next time. I was wrong.
    Last edited by A.M.; 6/24/2008 8:36pm at .