Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 2:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fight the McDojo!

This is a great little icon that needs to spread like an STD. If it works for you, post it on your website. I found this on a local website here in Omaha Nebraska and it makes sense to me.

Fight the McDojo!

Many people are taken advantage of and don't even know it! All because they didn't know what to look for. Martial Arts has always had a strong pull on the public. People see board breaks, movies, cool looking techniques and are awed! But as pure as the legitimate Martial Art is, their are people who teach it with no consideration to the truth. This is because greed among other things consumes their motivation. The McDojo's motto is "As long as the check clears you have earned your next rank." All talent, discipline and morals are disregarded as well as the students safety. Just because one knows the movements does not mean one will be able to defend themselves. By doing this they risk their life and those they defend under false pretenses. They become a self proclaimed super hero with no powers.

Please evaluate the schools you go to. Steer clear of those who's morals seem questionable and those who's talents seem overrated. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the instructor or why they do things the way they do. Be sure you stay away from leeches and martial art fundamentalists, by doing so you help keep the Martial Art from becoming a myth.

If you are a supporter of this philosophy, please take the logo and place it on your website!

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 2:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This **** needs to stop!

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 2:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, I hear from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshido.net that Bullshido is a website that also holds some of the same views, and in fact:
    The term “Bullshido” is a portmanteau of “bullshit” and “bushidō” and is used as a pejorative term referring to a school’s inaccurate or fraudulent claims. Bullshido.net began in 2002 when several members of an Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) forum, disgruntled at the management and attitude of moderators of that site, decided to form their own in response. The site was then called “McDojo.com,” from “McDonalds” and “dojo”. The term McDojo was used to classify schools that had overly commercial features that could negatively impact the study of martial arts. However, due to a legal challenge by the McDonald’s Corporation over the use of this McWord, the website was renamed Bullshido.net.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 2:57pm

Style: FMA / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Awesome, I hear from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshido.net that Bullshido is a website that also holds some of the same views, and in fact:
    Thanks for the link. After reading the first post I got to thinking how great it would be to have a site dedicated to discussing and investigating fraudulent claims within the martial arts community. It seems that dreams can come true.

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 3:00pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That 2nd picture was pretty funny.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Talk about preaching to the converted. Perhaps the poster should have lurked some....

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C.Adley.

Thank you for registering today.

We have been praying to the gods for a warrior/leader to appear and front the charge.

LO these many years we have been toiling away in servitude and ignorance, unsure of how to handle these, as you term them, MCDOJOS!

Come, take up your mantle as rightful ruler of all Bullshidom.

We pledge our undying allegiance to you and your newly coined cause.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 3:13pm

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still can't decide whether it was cool that Bullshido got so big it attracted the attention of a multinational co. like McDonalds, or if it's horrid that McDonalds so zealously guards the "McWord" that even the smallest use seems to bring down the lawyers. I'd say both.