Posted On:
    6/24/2008 3:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido/BJJ/Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does this count?

I was in a wing chun class,.......

*taps his fingers and waits for everyone to pick themselves off the floor so he can finish the story.....

I was show the "little idea form". (which i believe to be aptly named as the people who thought it up obviously had little idea.)
    we got up to the part where you ru.... (NOTE TO SELF: Do not type story in short synopsis section)

a-hem anyway, where you run your hand out along your center line 3 times each side. at this point came the discussion:

red sash student: how long sir?

sir: 20min

red sash student: sure, ok class in a circle.

I thought they were kidding. but no, sadly they were not, and for 20 solid minutes by the clock the whole class just stood there like stunned mullets and moved there arms a grand total of six times. some of the students adopted a look on their faces not too dissimilar to that of taking a really large dump while suffering from hemmeroids, i can only assume this added to the deadlyness of this technique and made them even more fearsome than a bunch 4'8" pale as a ghost with frecles group of shaking asians otherwise is. or not, given the complete crap i had been fed up to that point i really didnt dare ask.

after that 20min of time well wasted the instuctor proudly boasted that at "headquarters" the record was something like 3 hours. that translates to one movement every half an hour. Sad.

just so you people know, the only reason im doing wing chun is that its just so fun to watch them squirm when you apply real techniques on them in sparring. i may do a peice exposing the dojo at some stage but for now im having to much fun :biggrin: .

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 5:32pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved from HOW DO ARMBAR?
    HOW DO ARMBAR? - No BS Martial Arts

This got stuck in the mod queue for some reason.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 5:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why must you punish us with another chun thread?
    WHY!!!????

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 5:52pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyExpress
    just so you people know, the only reason im doing wing chun is that its just so fun to watch them squirm when you apply real techniques on them in sparring
    Oh, so you're a dick? Ok good to know...

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 6:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you're wasting your time...to make fun of other people...

What exactly are you getting out of this? Did the wing chun community offend you personally?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBeakFist
    Oh, so you're a dick? Ok good to know...
    Quoted for truth.

And if you are paying just so you can "watch them squirm" you are an idiot to boot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 7:44pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyExpress
    just so you people know, the only reason im doing wing chun is that its just so fun to watch them squirm when you apply real techniques on them in sparring. .
    so if thats your excuse for wing chun, what could possibly be your excuse for doing hapkido?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 1:15am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Big frogs in small ponds have high suicide rates.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 3:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido/BJJ/Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn
    so if thats your excuse for wing chun, what could possibly be your excuse for doing hapkido?
    I dont need an excuse to do hapkido the school I attend is quite good. Though people (and I assume youíre one of them) having bad experiences with hapkido doesnít surprise me, it is an art thatís ripe for rip off artists. Depending on how its run the ďinstructorĒ can simply avoid being caught out as not qualified by being Ďto deadly to sparí and get by, by demanding the untrained student hold still while they randomly twist their wrist until the student taps.

And yes, I most certainly am a dick. Itís a personality I have been actively working on for quite some time. Ever since I worked out that the only benefit to being nice is that people will have generally have the decency to smile at you as they rip you off. So dick I am and dick I shall stay. Donít worry, Iím not completely heartless, all you people who are not dicks have my pity, but thatís it of course.

And I donít just limit myself to martial arts, if you are a religious nut (defined as someone who must force themselves on others, not as a slant against people who have their own ideas and think for themselves in private) or an environmental doomsday preacher, or of some other ridiculous dooms day or Iím the best there is style ilk, I will take great pleasure in coming in to show you up too.

Now despite how assholic that sounds it does highlight an important difference between me and many of the real keyboard warriors I have seen here (many not all) and that is I will actually front up and try the art Iím criticizing or debate the nut Iím arguing. Thus affording them the real opportunity to prove my wrong rather than just endlessly argue the point.

And as an update to that story the WC school is starting and I do mean just starting to look at holds, locks, takedowns, throws and kicks above the belt. They have stopped claiming to have the one perfect kung fu system and no longer (or at least not around me) feed student that garbage about how miss fairy princess escaped a burning castle and was struck by divine inspiration by watching a snake, or however the story goes. I should also point out that while yes some of the members are upset that their most deadly art delusional bubble has been challenged others (including the instructor) who had never had an opportunity to experience something outside the square were very enthusiastic and we quite enjoy each others company both in class occasionally and on club event nights even despite the fact that Iím a dick.

Weak

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 3:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I wish I had that much spare time to dick around doing bullshit.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast