Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kempocos
    Hey, Chuck Norris is getitng old who will take over for WALKER TEXAS RANGER

Randomly clicking through channels the other night I stopped to watch a bit of texas ranger. There was some moderately silly stuff but nothing too bad, then he grabbed a guy's wrist who had a knife and did some sort of fliying armbar type thing, hyperextending the elbow. Cool, I thought I'd heard he had studied with the Machados.

Then he did a flying double side kick through a windshield killing someone else. Talk about a buzz kill.

As I recall this was likely supposed to be reminescient of some older movie of his where he did a similar kick, pulling hands up protecting the eyes. Fortunately for the legitmacy of that movie safety glass wasn't common yet, making it valid. Unfortunately for the show it now is. In one it was timely in the other it was bullshido.

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how to make it better?, make them fight to the death for our amusement , with the only rule being no jumping

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sidekick was the lamest film ever, chuck deserves nothing more than our contempt

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Walker Texas Ranger stopped filming about two years ago. Nowadays, they just show the re-runs.

Norris and his family filmed a movie in Oklahoma earlier this year called, "Bells of Innocence," but I never heard what came of the movie. I don't know if it aired anywhere as I don't watch much TV.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312450/combined

R. McLain

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck studied with the Machado's yes, they apeared in a few episodes of Walker and the original movie was "good guys were black" and it was his bother Aaron that did that stunt.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Shnizzletodawizzle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agh#&*^*#Y UI#&^&*EDEDGYUWEUIW87346789364836@#%$^@#%@^%$@^%#$ ^@

*RANT* I can’t take it anymore. Call it dancing call it gymnastics call it performance art, just don’t call it martial arts. Actually I really hate the term “martial arts” anyhow. Just call it something functional like “combat training”. Do they call anything in the millitary “art”? Like the art of “gernade throwing”? I know Sun Tzu wrote the “Art of War” but is that really the correct translation from Chinese? I'd like "How To Wage War" much better, or even "Dummies Guide To Warfare". *END RANT*

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 2:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont even like the term "Extreme" Martial Arts. It sounds abit like a sales pitch. Just say MMA or JKD or something better.
    Ghost of Charles Dickens
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123