Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 2:54pm

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons rematch to take place in Stockton Ca?

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/06/...tockton-calif/
    Diaz vs. Noons rematch likely to take place on July 26 in Stockton, Calif.

June 22, 2008 By: Sam Caplan Category: CBS Saturday Night Fights, EliteXC, Nick Diaz

The website GracieFighter.com has revealed that a planned welterweight title bout between Hayato Sakurai and Nick Diaz that had been scheduled for July 21 in Osaka, Japan during DREAM.5, has been canceled by EliteXC.
    GracieFighter.com, a site owned and operated by Diaz’s trainer, Cesar Gracie, indicated that EliteXC made the decision to cancel the bout due to “contractual obligations.”

While no official announcement has been made, multiple sources have informed Five Ounces of Pain that rematch between Diaz and K.J. Noons for Noons’ EliteXC lightweight title is expected to be added to the promotion’s next primetime broadcast on CBS on July 26.

Sources have also indicated that plans to hold “Unfinished Business” in St. Louis have been scrapped and that the July 26 show is now likely to be held in at the Stockton Arena in Diaz’s hometown of Stockton, Calif.

According to an unnamed source, it’s considered likely that the event is being moved from St. Louis due to a concern that several major sporting events are already scheduled to take place in the city during a close proximity to the July 26 event.

One of the chief concerns in hosting the event in St. Louis is that there is a large Monster Truck rally that already has had tickets on-sale for an extended period of time. [my edit: Lol at EliteXC] The belief is that due the concentration of events taking place around that same time period that ticket sales might suffer.

By moving the event to Stockton, EliteXC will be able to capitalize on the local drawing power of not only Diaz, but Jake Shields as well, who is scheduled to compete for the vacant EliteXC welterweight title vs. an unnamed opponent.

EliteXC: Unfinished Business will headlined by a EliteXC middleweight title rematch between incumbent Robbie Lawler and challenger Scott Smith.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the WWE-like hilarity during that Hawaii show, I expect hijinks to ensue. I'm hoping we get something around the Stone Cold Steve Austin/Mike Tyson or Wanderlei Silva/Rampage "MY BELT!" kind of action.

My prediction is Nick Diaz tants KJ Noons's dad who then attempts to storm the ring, distracting the ref. Then Nate Diaz runs in and knocks KJ Noons out with the EliteXC title belt.

In all seriousness tho, I really like Nick Diaz as a figher, even though he acts like a jerk pretty much all of the time, so I'll be rooting for him.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 4:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, so elitexc has to move their event because of competition from a monster truck rally? How embarrassing.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nick diaz has turned into a charicature of himself.

at this point, i don't expect him to get past the commission, i don't expect him to make weight, and i certainly don't expect him to win the fight if he manages the first two.

on the flipside, i also don't expect to watch the fight, so...

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 4:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also just noticed that they're already giving Smith a rematch with Lawler. I wonder if this EliteXC's way of admitting that they're last fight was ended with a bullshit stoppage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 4:23pm

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They only have a handful of good fighters, so it doesn't surprise me that they're having them fight over and over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 12:11am

Style: The Kempo, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This looks much better than the last show

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 12:40am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should be a good fight, $5 on that Diaz chap

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 12:53am

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know Diaz is already a parody of himself (what's up with him and Nate and the gang signs. Enough with that already), but I don't think you can ever count Nick Diaz out of a fight. He won't be insanely high like he usually was, but he's had enough upsets in the past that you never know.

Hopefully Scott Smith/Robbie Lawler 2 is on par with the way the first fight looked to be going.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 11:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rewatch it. There weren't gang signs and Noons's dad is an ass whereas Nick showed real restraint.

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 11:59am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can 'westside' be considered a gang sign?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast