Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 9:57pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphaltuus
    He does have 1 tko, which his still a ko right?
    No.

And yes, I did expect it.
    Ah, so you're a moron. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:03pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there can't be any **** talking about any fighter, what is the point? What kind of balance would we have for those who praise fighters?

Aside from that, I really wouldn't consider it **** talking. I don't think Grove's a bad fighter, I don't think I can take him or teach him anything. I don't think he did bad in the fight.

Damnit Kempo Chris suck my balls, I think Grove put on a great fight, that's why I watched it in the replay of the entire event (that and I really enjoyed Amir even though it was short).

I obviously do have something to say. That's what I thought, it's completely uneducated and has no insider information and purely speculative but that's what most of us are when we watch this **** on television, spectators. So if we all wanna be so rash about things **** all of you, suck my balls and lick my dick and take a picture and post it on the 1nt3r-fucking-w3bz so my l33t ass c4n c411 a11 of u fagg0ts and pr3t3nd l1ke 1'm not. And **** **** idiot smirf I don't give a **** have a nice day.

P.S to JP, no I haven't ever fought in the ring. I have had fights in front yards, but never in the ring. And I will post the footage of my first fight in a year or so.

Also, for those who think I take things so personally, **** OFF!! Haha no, I do enjoy having folks come up here and tell me I'm wrong, because at least it proves that you have more experience (or at least I think so) than me, and I want to learn **** damnit.

**** **** cocksucker nutrider bitch ass muthafucking **** **** **** ****... Baby greens....
    You have posted, before, that you come on here for intelligent conversation on MMA, then, you write this. I have even used my valuable time to try to converse with you in an intelligent manner, why did I bother? Brutal. I should always listen to UpaLumpa.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:14pm

Style: Movement

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think people are taking me a little to literally. First off, I do have interest in the career of Kendall Grove, I just don't mean to act as if I know what he should do, I never posted any solutions to his problems.

I expected about as much as what happened during the fight. I enjoyed the fight, and I reflected on what I thought about Kendall Grove in particular afterward.

My only point remains; I speculated that at this point in his career, I thought Kendall would be and think he should be doing a lot better than he is.

G-Off, you and I both know that being knocked out twice in a row doesn't necessarily mean that your challenging yourself. Yes, it could mean that, but I think that having supposed to been knocked out and not being knocked out, or actually winning the fight instead would show that he is challenging himself. I will not ignore what you though, as I take it you meant that he could have been intentionally reaching over his head with the last two, right?

And Fatherdog, if you want to act like that about it, a tko does count as a knock out on a person's record, and if your point is that it's not a "true" knockout, the truth is that any professional fighter has the ability to knock someone out, whether it was luck or not.

And Beezer, damnit you know that most of the message you quoted me on was intentional BS and meant to be sarcastic. Girls just wanna have fun.

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:20pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    G-Off, you and I both know that being knocked out twice in a row doesn't necessarily mean that your challenging yourself. Yes, it could mean that, but I think that having supposed to been knocked out and not being knocked out, or actually winning the fight instead would show that he is challenging himself. I will not ignore what you though, as I take it you meant that he could have been intentionally reaching over his head with the last two, right?
    Actually, I think getting knocked out is a pretty good indication you're being challenged. If you lose, you're not doing well enough and it's a challenge to get better and win. I think once he starts to win easily, then you're not challenging yourself. Beating Tanner is a good first step, although I agree his has a lot of potential he's not lived up to yet. We'll see how his chin limits him, since it's once of the few things you can't condition.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:27pm

Style: Movement

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And for the record I'm not an idiot, I'm just ignorant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 11:19pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Beezer, damnit you know that most of the message you quoted me on was intentional BS and meant to be sarcastic. Girls just wanna have fun.
    I had no idea, I didn't go to mind reading school.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I obviously do have something to say.
    No, no you don't.

(I)t's completely uneducated
    Now you're on the right track.

And for the record I'm not an idiot, I'm just ignorant.
    These are not mutually exclusive and in your case, both are clearly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    I should always listen to UpaLumpa.
    This is true.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Fatherdog, if you want to act like that about it, a tko does count as a knock out on a person's record,
    His TKO win was a GnP victory with elbows, meaning it has precisely nothing to do with your idiotic expectation that he'd KO Tanner with an overhand right.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    P.S to JP, no I haven't ever fought in the ring. I have had fights in front yards, but never in the ring. And I will post the footage of my first fight in a year or so.
    I asked because it didn't sound as though you had. Now I'm not interested in downing you for that. It doesn't necesarily prove anything. As a caveat, I'm hardly a badass, I lost all 3 of my fights. This isn't about skill or lack thereof.

But here's my point, the journey from the initial decision to take a fight, and then the training process, and then the trip to the fight itself, and then the waiting in the locker-room, and then that long ass walk to the ring or the cage itself, all of these things even on an amatuer level are a big fucking deal. They break people who thought they were tough guys. People duck out of back doors, they let stress get in their heads, they let fear run them. In short the mental game breaks them before they even get to the cage or the ring.

Grove's in the pros now. So take all the above ****, and add the fact that this is his livlihood, his dream here on the line. The amount of pressure is no small thing.

If you've never taken that journey, than you're not really qualified to say anything about Grove's potential, lived up to or otherwise.

And if you had taken that journey, you'd be a bit more reticent about spouting off at the mouth about it. You weren't in the ring, you've never been in there. And even if you someday do take that leap, you're still never gonna be in the ring with a fighter, sitting on his shoulders, privy to his thoughts and all the things he's been through to get there.

And a fight in a front yard? What? Why wait a year? Or post it at all?
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    His TKO win was a GnP victory with elbows, meaning it has precisely nothing to do with your idiotic expectation that he'd KO Tanner with an overhand right.

Also, he was like 6 inches taller than Tanner, or more. Why the hell would he be throwing an overhand right?
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456