Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:52pm

Style: Movement

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know really. I mean to say, if I sit here and think about it, I actually did expect just about what happened (except for the ending, really a toss up in my mind).

I just thought that, given his last 2 fights, Grove was going to spring up like a madman and destroy Tanner. I knew Tanner is holding on dearly to his career, but I had this vision of a purely smooth overhand right ending Tanner's night early.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:58pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphaltuus
    You don't know what I'm talking about because you get so side tracked about the thought of me talking **** about Grove, or thinking that I'm trying to act like his manager, or talking **** about weight classes, or saying that I know exactly what is going on through his mind right now that you don't listen to the one consistency that I have kept throughout this entire thread.
    I don't really care if anyone talks **** about Grove, I just thought it was really stupid to say that he should move up a weight class simply because he's tall (which is what this thread was originally about.)

Now it's about him not living up to his potential as a fighter, fine. Providing some support for this belief of yours would be helpful, but I guess it's not required if you just felt like sharing your opinion. It is a little odd to bring it up after his decisive win over the former Middleweight champion though, even if it wasn't a "smooth overhand right" that finished it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 10:03pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know really. I mean to say, if I sit here and think about it, I actually did expect just about what happened (except for the ending, really a toss up in my mind).

I just thought that, given his last 2 fights, Grove was going to spring up like a madman and destroy Tanner. I knew Tanner is holding on dearly to his career, but I had this vision of a purely smooth overhand right ending Tanner's night early.
    Do you know Kendall or have trained with him? Because, your expectations for Kendall might be too high for this particular fight. Going in, I had this fight as a toss up, with both fighters needing a win for their careers. Evan Tanner has been in plenty of big time fights and was a former world champion, it was not going to be easy for Kendall. I still felt Kendall did great, considering the high level of competition he was facing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both good points. I just found out he's starting a mma school here in Maui, so I am definitely excited about that, it looks to be the first serious place on the island. I'll be sure to ask him if I run into him.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 11:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    I don't really care if anyone talks **** about Grove, I just thought it was really stupid to say that he should move up a weight class simply because he's tall (which is what this thread was originally about.)
    Me too.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you're disappointed in Grove's performance because you expected Grove, who has never KOed anyone in his entire career, to KO a guy who's only been KOed three times in forty fights, and only once at middleweight?
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 4:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is a dipshit.
    Take a look at the other threads he's started, if you want a laugh/headache.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 4:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't think Grove looked good so much as Tanner looked shot, to be honest. Kendall getting tagged so badly in the third shows he still hasn't solved his defensive problems, especially against a guy never exactly legendary for his stand-up.

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 5:01pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    This guy is a dipshit.
    Take a look at the other threads he's started, if you want a laugh/headache.
    /Thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 6:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    ...has never KOed anyone in his entire career...
    He does have 1 tko, which his still a ko right? And yes, I did expect it. I didn't expect BJ Penn (who he's training with) to KO Sean Sherk of all people, but he did. So sue me, I thought Penn's new method might have rubbed off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    I didn't think Grove looked good so much as Tanner looked shot, to be honest. Kendall getting tagged so badly in the third shows he still hasn't solved his defensive problems, especially against a guy never exactly legendary for his stand-up.
    You know, that's a good point. For someone who's training with that kind of access to boxing coaches, his D could definitely be tighter.

Oh and P.S- Thanks for the attention to Upalumpa (as always) and G-OFF, it's nice to see you validate your misery together.
    Last edited by Iphaltuus; 6/23/2008 6:14pm at .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast