Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:44pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphaltuus
    I think that he would be quite capable of fighting light heavy/heavy if he was willing to really grind himself out.
    There is absolutely no reason for him to do that.

I really don't know where you're going with this, and I don't think you do either. I'm also not sure why you're so disappointed with his fight against Tanner, because he basically destroyed him. Tanner's a bit washed up (in my opinion), but he's no pushover by any stretch of the imagination.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:46pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back to the main issue, I feel that it is clearly apparent that Kendall Grove isn't mentally sound right now, or doesn't seem to be. I think that it has effected his training and his training has effected the results in the ring. I think that he would be quite capable of fighting light heavy/heavy if he was willing to really grind himself out.

As it is right now, I feel that he's coasting on what he has, and am not sure if he himself thinks he can be any better that he already is.
    What evidence do you have to make this statement? Kendall seemed real focus for Evan Tanner, again, that's a hard fight. Both fighters had to win, or, they might be out of the UFC. I thought Kendall did pretty well, I agreed with the the two judges that had the fight 30-26. If you feel that Kendall should be better by this point, you might not be taking in account that he was knocked out his last two fights. KO's stop any momentum in a fighters career. Kendall is 25, right, he still has some time to be a fully developed fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:52pm

Style: Movement

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point Beezer, and yes, I have had somewhat of an obsession on weight divisions. Yeah, I think he beat Tanner flat out as well. And Evan has a **** load of heart. Of course, I don't know about being KO'd twice because I'm an undefeated world class fighter (472-0-1/2 in the Kumite:P). I don't mean to emphasize on weight really. I feel that BJ would actually kick his own ass from back when he had just beaten Hughes. Training with him is hard to call, but I'm sure BJ helps him with the height advantage since he himself used it so well on Sherk.

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:59pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't care about him not getting knocked out. My point is that I think Kendal could be a great deal better than he has been so far.

Disadvantage, no. I'm saying that there seems to be a lack of motivation on Grove's part from what I see. You don't have to explain obvious things about how fighters take fighting. Neither one of us knows what's going through the minds of any of these fighters, unless I'm mistaken and you know them personally.

I could point out any number of cases of fighters throughout history jumping weight classes. A lot of them did it to find bigger game.

I see Grove now, and all that I am saying is that I don't sense a hunger in him when I see him perform.
    Sure, you can jump up weight classes........when you are clearly dominating your own. Kendall grove isn't dominating middleweight, and shouldn't jump up weight classes when there is clearly plenty of challenges left for him at middleweight. In order for your opinion to be not dumb, the following

Rich Franklin
    Nate Marquardt
    Chris Leben
    Patrick Cote
    Dan henderson
    Dean Lister
    Michael Bisping
    Yushin Okami

Oh, and fucking Anderson Silva! would all have to not be a challenge for him to fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never said he should jump up divisions right now, never said he's dominating the middleweight. Talking about potential, not current career moves.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:15pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you're not talking about anything. You've backpedaled far enough that this thread isn't even about anything anymore. I'm not going to ask you what you're trying to say, because you obviously don't know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plain and simple, ok?

Grove isn't as good as he could be for where he is at right now.

If his total potential is 100, and he is at 35, I think that he should be at 50 right now. That's all this thread was about.

You don't know what I'm talking about because you get so side tracked about the thought of me talking **** about Grove, or thinking that I'm trying to act like his manager, or talking **** about weight classes, or saying that I know exactly what is going on through his mind right now that you don't listen to the one consistency that I have kept throughout this entire thread.

I don't think Grove's at where he should be right now. Just a hunch, and all I really want to know are peoples takes on that, the fighters spirit that is. How you deal with set backs, how you push yourself to new heights, what ever.

Instead, all I get is "your an idiot" "Grove's awesome" "UFC fighters are serious man" "It's life or death out there" blah fucking blah.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The same could be said of a lot of fighters. If there was any thread drift it was your own fault for talking about why Grove should go up in weight classes rather than just saying 'he's not as good as he could be'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know, but I'm not going to go back and edit that and pretend like I don't make mistakes you know? I like to keep it there and read the evolution of my posts as they react to the ideas of others. You of all people should know that Raz.

If I think about any of the topics I have started I have always mutated my philosophy in reaction to revelations made by the insight of people on these boards.

I didn't pay $10 to talk to a bunch of fucking star wars geeks who flame the **** out of me if I reference Captain Kirk. I came to Bullshido for this very reason.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:46pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know, but I'm not going to go back and edit that and pretend like I don't make mistakes you know? I like to keep it there and read the evolution of my posts as they react to the ideas of others. You of all people should know that Raz.

If I think about any of the topics I have started I have always mutated my philosophy in reaction to revelations made by the insight of people on these boards.

I didn't pay $10 to talk to a bunch of fucking star wars geeks who flame the **** out of me if I reference Captain Kirk. I came to Bullshido for this very reason.
    Ok, I have question for you. Why are you disappointed with Kendall's performance in the Evan Tanner fight?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast