Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good throwdown lots of grappling this time, little bit of striking in the end. Big props to Judo Jo, Muertads, and their family for making the trip. Always good to see the regular Houston bullies, but we still need more to attend. And now for funny pictures..

(Daniel doing what he does best)

(JIU-JITSU faggots!)

(Moar/Larger pics)
    http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...nt=photo-4.jpg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 3:15pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry I couldn't make it this time. Been out of the loop. Damnit. Oh well, looks like you guys had a good time even without me. Carry on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 11:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need to go back into Meng's and try to find all the missing skin from my knees and elbows :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 12:20pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanks!

I would like to thank Damodaras108 and Meng's for hosting a very fun afternoon of brawlery and sweat. Sweat mostly. I am still not completely acclimated to the heat again, though I am definitely improving.

Being as we worked on things that I am not in the habit of facing, I found myself on the short end of the stick often as not. Things I found that I need work on:

No-gi grappling in general. My lovely handholds weren't there! I need to remember to adjust my grips to escape locks more efficiently, with less grunting. Also, I need to work to keep my elbows inside more when there isn't a comfy grip point.

Passing the butterfly guard. I have seen it, but haven't had much experience facing it. It allowed a much greater chance for my opponent to manage to get me in a half-guard during a pass attempt. My goal is to not have to use size and weight to bulldoze through it. So I will work on that.

Being aware of where my head is when I am on top in relation to counter-strikes. So often I don't have to worry about it, and so don't. Damodaras was good enough to let me know when I'd put my head in a bad position.

General conditioning. Duh. There's only so much I can do on the ship, and only so much time to do it in. This coming winter inport should help.

My transition from long range to clinch range when standing. I can snipe with kicks, and throw just fine. Getting to and through the mid-range is where I need work. Again, Damodaras was nice enough to work with me on just that. There are some things already in my tool kit I think I just need more practice on putting into play here.

Thanks again for a good time, and thanks for letting my mom get energized about her training again. She had a great time, and is looking forward to doing it again sometime.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 1:30pm

Style: Shaolin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was wonderful to see some old bullies as well as meet some new ones. Koresh, once again thanks for all the jitz work. Indy, I will be calling you soon to come by for some shoot work. Judo Jo and Muerteds you are most welcome any time!!!
    Til next time Bullies, train hard and train safe!!

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel
    Mengs Martial Arts of Houston

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 11:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by damodardas108 View Post
    Indy, I will be calling you soon to come by for some shoot work.
    Well, it looks like my personal cell phone was stolen, so if it doesn't answer for a few days, I haven't bothered to get a new one yet. PM me for my business cell #'s if you need me.

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 9:07pm

Style: D.Taide

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Throwdown in H Town

Im from Fresno. Im ready to throwdown with Submag357 cuz I never see him on here so I know he probably wont notice I called him out. Christian23 and Fresnodog Bring it on Bitches This is a cool idea. Hope theres actually people in the central valley on this Subfighter that I dont already know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 7:31pm

Style: Shaolin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright Bullies!!! It's that time, lets get together for one more throwdown before the new year!!
    I am proud to announce the launching of my non-profit program Fists for Life: Fighting to Defeat Hunger by Knock Out or Tap Out. This will be the first Fists for Life Kids Meal Throwdown, 100% of the $10 Mat Fee will go to support Fists for Life (feel free to give more) or simply bring a jar of creamy peanut butter, package of small paper sacks or a box of sandwhich bags to donate.
    I will have information packages describing Fists for Life in full. How does Saturday December 19th 1pm-6pm sound. That is really the only weekend that will work for Meng's.
    So start sounding off Bullies!!!!!!

And soon I am going to start: Fists for Life Sunday Kids Meal Throwdown: Every Sunday 1pm-4pm- FREE Martial Arts Training (Mat Fee and Food Supply Donations Welcome)
    1pm-2:30- join our weekly open mat sessions for people of all ages to come out and learn about the benefits of martail arts training as a powerful method to improve one's health and well-being, as well as gain confidence with real self defense knowldege and experience under the guidance of certified martial arts instructors.
    Then after connecting with one's body and creating peace within the mind , purify your heart by joining us from 3pm-4pm making PB&J sandwhiches and putting together sack lunches for Kids Meal Houston. Currently we help provide 300 sack lunches.

See you all on the mat!!!
    You Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel Duran
    Fists for Life
    Meng's Martial Arts

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 11:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be there! Other Houston Bullies ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 8:44pm

Style: Karazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be willing to participate, just not sure about December 19th TD because of other plans, but keep us updated on when you plan to start the weekly open mat sessions.
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273334353637 38394041 ... LastLast