Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 5:03pm

Style: Shaolin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    indy007:I look forward to meeting and training with you Tuesday!!!

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    September sounds most excellent.

I'll have to start training my Drunken Boxing again, just to show you all how it's done.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 11:57pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    September sounds most excellent.

I'll have to start training my Drunken Boxing again, just to show you all how it's done.
    You're still no trevor

trevor is an emo kid who took 3 years of tai chi

I used to spar with him all the time inder kyokushin rules

he hit me with wrists, elbows, and kicks everywhere with everything he had

I think I might see an opening(or several) and exploit the **** out of it.

just for the lulz.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 10:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by damodardas108
    Nice to hear from you tharuz, one thing to consider is there are major liability issues when it comes to training martial arts or any contact sports. Even in friendly exchanges injuries occure and amimosity can build. Even on private property this should be a concern.

What side of town do you live on? What does your schedule look like? I have matts, nice quality Krav Maga thombstones and focus mitts, extra gloves, shin guards, head gear. Perhaps we can get together before I am able to host an official throwdown in September. However, my schedule is pretty tight, I have a full time day job. I currently teach and train Tues, Thurs evenings, Sat and Sun. (thats about to increase with the new location of our school: Meng's Martial Arts of Houson) and I do personal conditioning every day in between. Plus I'm a family man with 4 kids.
    Once we get settled into the new location we plan on hosting a throwdown regularly, once a month, so you can at least count on getting an opportunity to mix it up with different folks outside your school once a month.
    I live on the NW side of town 290/Little York and our school is currently off HWY 6, a few miles south of I-10. If you would like to meet and make an introduction and its conveniet for you, Please feel free and know you are more than welcome to meet me at our school as I am there almost every evening. Just let me know and I'll be sure to make some time for us to meet and greet.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel
    I have a completely free schedule

I can go to your school with my dad and mrbadguy if I find him, you can tell me more there

I'll even take notes, I just need to know the exact location of your school, when I should drop by, and what it's currently called

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to participate in a mini throwdown sometime before august.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2008 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tharuz: Sounds great, indy007 is coming by tonight to train in our MMA fundamentals class that starts at 7:15. If you can come by tonight that would be fine. However, I know this is short notice. So if tonight doesn't work, like I told indy007, we are moving to new location next week and we can plan for 2nd week of August 8/4-whenever after.
    Our current address is: 2217 Hwy. 6 South 77077. We are at a school called Samurai Martial Sports, traveling south from I-10 it will be on your left before Westheimer, you will see a big red sign Karate.
    Our new address will be: 1718 N. Fry Rd #225, 77084

Kyle Th3 Dladly: that would be tough for me, I'll be out of town this coming weekend, then moving and getting settled in to new school location the following week, but perhaps we can do something sooner than September, I'll talk again with my Sifu/owner of Meng's Martial arts of Houston.

Looking forward to meeting all of you, eventually.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

If you would like more info check out our website: www.houston-martialarts.com

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    7/23/2008 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can I make it today?

Wednesday july 23 2008?

I could come at 7:15 or at 6:00 PM since I can see you don't have a class there

could I have a private free intro lesson?

I'll bring the book "the shaolin workout" by sifu Shi Yan Ming with me.

I'm going to miss my 2 hour class for this, so you better have everything ready to put my phone pictures into my facebook and myspace.

EDIT: the new katy location is too far from me so I'd rather have it this week

I'm already commuting to westheimer/belliare area so I might as well visit.
    Last edited by tharuz; 7/23/2008 9:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2008 9:26am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a good workout. Daniel is a hell of a nice guy. The throwdowns will be pretty fun.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    7/23/2008 9:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang, if I had read the post just a little bit earlier I would have met you.

So, when is the throwdown going to happen?

some day in september?

hey, I want video footage ready of me doing the splits.

Edit:

I'm kinda looking to learn Tai Chi and San Shou from an offensive combat perspective, stretching, and conditioning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2008 9:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tharuz: tonight will NOT work for me, sorry. We (Meng's Martial Arts) dont have a class but there a class going on, I think it's an Aikido class so the school is not available to us. PLUS, I need to nurse my hamstring, I seriosly jacked it all up doing some sprint work Monday night. Then I'm heading out town the rest of the week through the weekend. SORRY man!

As for the free private intro lesson, perhaps next Tuesday 7/29 you can come to our 7pm class, like indy007 did. This will be our last class at the current location.
    If, not then we may just have to wait for the throwdown in September to meet, unless you can make it out to the new location before then. Just let me know, I'll do my best to accamodate you, but this rest week is shot for me.

indy007: Glad to have you!!!! Anytime! I enjoyed the mat time with you, sorry for the lameness, once I'm healed up next time we can mix it up a little more.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast