Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 9:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Jo
    I'm going to the Houston Jiujitsu Champs too, and the Europa Show in Dallas in the Whitebelt Super Heavy Weight division.
    There's a Super Heavy division? :5eek: Holy ****.

I'm getting ready to cut 4 pounds and drop to the 139.9 lightweight limit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 11:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by indy007
    There's a Super Heavy division? :5eek: Holy ****.

I'm getting ready to cut 4 pounds and drop to the 139.9 lightweight limit.
    Superheavy weight was 224+ at the last NAGA. There were several guys in the 300 range.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 10:36am

Style: Shaolin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Houston Bullies,
    Seems like July folks are busy with tournaments/competitions. As I previosly mentioned, looks like things are going as planned with our school moving to a bigger space last week of July and my offer still stands to host a throwdown in September. We are going to have a grand opening event in August and all are invited, I will announce the official date soon.

Between now and then does anyone else have any suggestions on how/where we can organize a Houston throwdown in the next 60 days. Im not sure about what the legal ramifications on using a public place such as a park would be. I have 16 large puzzle matts, which alot of schools use, that should give us about a 15 X 15 to roll on, this is isnt much but we could set them up any where.
    I'll be busy through out the month July and August with the move but I am totally down for a throwdown any time any place.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 12:13am

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm also curious about the legal ramifications of holding a throwdown in a public park.

See, I feel like going to class is not giving me enough conditioning, so I was thinking about looking for a friend or people interested and buying a mat, Thai pads, the books "mastering the twister" and "mastering the rubber guard", and spending some 3 hours once or twice a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice to hear from you tharuz, one thing to consider is there are major liability issues when it comes to training martial arts or any contact sports. Even in friendly exchanges injuries occure and amimosity can build. Even on private property this should be a concern.

What side of town do you live on? What does your schedule look like? I have matts, nice quality Krav Maga thombstones and focus mitts, extra gloves, shin guards, head gear. Perhaps we can get together before I am able to host an official throwdown in September. However, my schedule is pretty tight, I have a full time day job. I currently teach and train Tues, Thurs evenings, Sat and Sun. (thats about to increase with the new location of our school: Meng's Martial Arts of Houson) and I do personal conditioning every day in between. Plus I'm a family man with 4 kids.
    Once we get settled into the new location we plan on hosting a throwdown regularly, once a month, so you can at least count on getting an opportunity to mix it up with different folks outside your school once a month.
    I live on the NW side of town 290/Little York and our school is currently off HWY 6, a few miles south of I-10. If you would like to meet and make an introduction and its conveniet for you, Please feel free and know you are more than welcome to meet me at our school as I am there almost every evening. Just let me know and I'll be sure to make some time for us to meet and greet.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 11:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by damodardas108
    I live on the NW side of town 290/Little York and our school is currently off HWY 6, a few miles south of I-10. If you would like to meet and make an introduction and its conveniet for you, Please feel free and know you are more than welcome to meet me at our school as I am there almost every evening. Just let me know and I'll be sure to make some time for us to meet and greet.
    You're > 5 minutes from my home & office. I train over at Precision under Tom Dinklege @ West Little York & Barker Cypress. Very happy where I'm at with no plans on changing... but I'm always game to drop in and check out a place. Do you teach that MMA class from 7:15-8:15 on tues? What's the drop in fee?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 11:51am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm interested in attending, depends on the date though.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 1:14pm

Style: Hiatus: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Damodardas is graciously providing his facility for our use I think we should just settle on September being the Month when we hold the Throwdown. A Saturday/Sunday out of September be good for everyone?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    indy007/JNP: Yes I do, man that would be very nice for your to come visit us at our current location. Drop in fee is $15. You can expect a group of 6/12 guys, most just starting their martial arts journey, a few with black belts in other systems. The level of athleticism is mild for most of our students but we have few guys with acceptional attributes.

Would you like to come by this next Tues 7/22? If this doesn't work for then it will have to be in Aug. Like I mentioned before, we have been subleasing at our current location offering our Meng's Martial Arts program. We are now getting our own place, a larger facilty with plenty of new traing gear, bags and matts. We are scheduled to start moving the following week 7/28-8/1, give us some time settle in to the new place then come on out, that would be great.

Critical Joe: Thats sounds like a good plan, You can expect me to announce some dates soon, for our grand opening as well as the date for the throwdown in September.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2008 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Catch you Tuesday then barring some sort emergency.
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast