Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 9:20am

Style: Shaolin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    H-town Bullies,
    Thanks for coming out to participate. I'm glad to hear everyone is safe and excited about getting the next throwdown scheduled.
    I find that in sparring it usually takes me at least a whole 2 minute round to get know my opponent before I can start explioting their weaknesses, I was hoping to get more rounds in with everyone, especially with Eno, he was very fast and explosive.
    Tharuz, glad you are ok, your right this was a sparring session, I was not out trying to knock your teeth out, but making good contact gives a nice reality check. I spend alot of time focusing on controling my energy, especially when we are only sparring. As for the shots in back of the head, well I was only making light contact and you simply sat there with out a sound or a tap or anything, consider this a wake up call, when you fing yourself in a bad position like that you've got to flow out of it immediately and protect yourself.

Thanks again for coming out, looking forward to the next throwndown!!!

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel
    Last edited by damodardas108; 9/22/2008 12:10pm at .

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 10:57am

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by damodardas108
    H-town Bullies,
    Thanks for coming out to participate. I'm glad to hear everyone is safe and excited about getting the next throwdown scheduled.
    I find that in sparring it usually takes me at least a whole 2 minute round to get know my opponent before I can start explioting their weaknesses, I was hoping to get more rounds in with everyone, especially with Eno, he was very fast and explosive.
    Tharuz, glad you are ok, your right this was a sparring session, I was not out trying to knock your teeth out, but making good contact gives a nice reality check. I spend alot of time focusing on controling my energy, especially when we are only sparring. As for the shots in back of the head, well I was only making light contact and you simply sat there with out a sound or a tap or anything, consider this a wake up call, when you fing yourself in a bad position like that you've got to flow out of it immediately and protect yourself.

Thanks again for coming out, looking forward to the next throwndown!!!

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel
    Ok....I'm going to be as kind as I possibly can with this, ok daniel?

you say that communication is the key to success to trhowdown, correct? well, I'm going to be honest with you.

the bolded part of your stetment pissed me off. let that sink in for a second and think about it.

I'm not bad about the contact, man. as a matter of fact I'm happy that there was contact even though you weren't going at me with full force, you looked out for me, thank you.

Now, we can be certain of 5 things:

MMA has a bad rep
    This is not a video I can show my folks
    You broke the rules agreed upon
    I don't know you
    You don't know me

the first two are self explanatory, so let's skip to the third one.

The moment you break the rules is the moment your throwdown goes out the window.

We are competing, not streetfighting, not drilling for self defense, I am not a part of your school, I do not look kindly at somebody breaking a rule that could endanger my good health or permanently damage me to make a point.

you owe me an apology, no more and no less.

dude, to top it off my folks are giving me a hard time as of this writing....god forbid they find the this video I'm hiding from them.

(calms down)

I don't know you, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a nice guy. I really don't know if you could have broken any other rule to make a point. I'm sorry, but what keeps you from kneeing on the ground or eye gouging?

You don't know me.

you have no idea in how much trouble you could have gotten into. I remember there were cops coming into our throwdown at some point...you really don't know people, if I was someone else there are several eyewitnesses and a video floating around.

but I'm going to keep this quiet beacause it was mild contact, it wasn't light, it was mild.

Just look at how bad this sounds:

I had to convince my dad to travel 40 minutes and paid you to meet people I have never even met to "fight" upon agreed rules, which you broke.

If I come to another throwdown you're hosting, and that's the main reason I didn't want to piss you off, I'm going to bring people from my gym to look out for me or not attend another one of your throwdowns at all.

I'm sorry, but actions have consequences, and that didn't hurt me as so much it scared me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 11:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tharuz,
    Please accept my humble apologies. Im sorry you feel you were endangered. That was never my intent. In the moment I flowed with it and expressed sincere concern immediately afterwards for the unexpected strikes to your head. My "this is a wake up call" comment was not meant as any kind of snub, I apologize for offending you. I guess had I started smacking you in the front of the face with hammer fists then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    As for trouble, I am certian none would come or could come from anything that happened. The entire event was in a controlled enviornment, this single moment you are refering to is just one small glimpse amogst many perfectly honest and legitimate sparring engagements with you and everyone else whom stepped on the mat. The police came by because they live in the neighborhood and they just noticed our new signs. They were interested in possible training events with our school.
    No need to hide those videos, I would be more than happy to discuss the event with any concerned persons as everyone else whom participated walked away with a completely positive experience.
    Once again, Tharuz, please accept my humble apologies. I will make sure to take extra extra precautions next time around

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 11:55am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tharuz,

stfu and go train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by indy007
    Tharuz,

stfu and go train.
    Seriously. If it was that big of a deal you should have mentioned it at the throwdown.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 12:55pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And once again, Thraruz shows he is a vile piece of ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 1:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    I'm sorry, but actions have consequences, and that didn't hurt me as so much it scared me.
    I'd suggest Golf or Badminton. Combat sports don't seem to be for you.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 4:05pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you daniel.

It was really bugging me, I don't know why.

If you want an analogy, in Thailand muay thai boxers think it's disrespectful to teep kick to the face...so it was kind of like that.

I don't really know what anybody else's reaction would have been.
    Last edited by tharuz; 9/24/2008 10:32pm at .

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 7:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are referring to his punching you in the back of the head, get the **** over it. It's illegal in MMA rules because MMA is full contact. You were sparring light contact and those were at best little love taps to let you know that you were leaving yourself open for some serious damage. Yes, you were not engaged in a street fight or training for such. However, you were providing such a huge opening that it would have been criminal if Daniel had not shown you the error of your ways. If he was a jiu jitsu fighter, he would have just choked you out, but since he's a striker, punches to the back of the head are what you got.

Having sparred with Daniel, I know he can get a little exubarant at times, but from that video it looks like he took it extremely easy on you. That said, I would be dissapointed if he didn't take it easy on you, since you are such a total noob.

edited to add:

P.S. People here aren't bashing you for being noob. Everyone has been a noob at some point or another. The people that are bashing you are doing so because you make posts as if you are some sort of expert when in fact you are not.
    Last edited by TEA; 9/23/2008 9:35pm at .
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2008 8:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well said TEA,
    How's the new job going? Get settled in from the move yet?

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast