Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 1:51pm

Style: Hiatus: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Throwdown in H-Town

There's been a growing number of Bullies in the Houston area as of late. The result of the sudden BOOM of Brazilian Jiujitsu places, Muay Thai, and MMA joints popping up everywhere perhaps? Whatever the case maybe there should be enough people in our neck of the woods to permit for a decent sized Throwdown. I know a lot of our TX brethren are willing to travel the 2-4 hours it takes to get down to Houston that alone will add to the slowly growing number.

A few things have to be answered before this whole thing can get under way. Who'd be interested in attending, when would it be best for everyone and where could we host this thing?

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 10:14pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already tried.

I would go for instruction, sence I'm not allowed to spar yet, I'm not addicted to fighting.

If you're going to host it, that makes things easier for me though.

I know Mrbadguy's interested.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 8:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depending on when, I might be able to make the drive. Sundays work best for me though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 9:24am

Style: Shaolin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello gentlemen,
    My name is Daniel Duran, I live in H-town and I have been to a couple of throwdowns in Austin, in fact I went to this past weekends TD. My experience with the bullies in Austin has been very positive. So far I've only met martial artists who demonstrate first class etiquetts. I would love to get a regular TD going here in Houston.

The facility can vary, obviosly the more mat space we have the better so that folks can work their ground game and some can work on their stand up and no one has to wait around. But I've heard of TDs where they set up some puzzle mats in someones back yard and go at it. So anything is possible is seems so long as folks understand what to expect. The school where I train is in the midst of moving to a larger facility and changing management organizations. We should be moved in to our new place end of July/Early August. I am hoping shortly after we get settled in I can host TDs there. We are going to have 2 seperate training floors, one will be around 660 sqrft and the other just over 1000, so we should be able to have a good time mixing it up. Maybe September might work, if not then October is very likely. But between now and then I am up for a TD anytime, any place.
    I have been traing with Meng's Martial Arts for 4 years now. I have competed as a san shou fighter for our school the last 2 years. I am more than happy to offer as much input and help as I can to get this organized.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 1:49pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wait, are you telling me they have san shou in houston?

have you met a kid named trevor?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 5:23pm

Style: Shaolin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are two san shou tournaments I am aware of in Texas: the Taiji Legacy hosts an international san shou tournament and the HIMAC & USAWKF National Championships in Stafford has hosted san shou tournaments. BUT this year both organizations have cancelled the tournaments due to the Beijing Olympics.

No-I dont know a Trevor

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 8:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depending on timing, I may be able to make it from Austin. The biggest problem for me is that my wife's Mom, my parents, my older brother and my youngest sister all live in Houston, so Houston trips usually entail having to spend a lot of time with family. I might be able to sneak off, though, so that Daniel can punch me in the face some more.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 2:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by damodardas108
    Hello gentlemen,
    My name is Daniel Duran, I live in H-town and I have been to a couple of throwdowns in Austin, in fact I went to this past weekends TD. My experience with the bullies in Austin has been very positive. So far I've only met martial artists who demonstrate first class etiquetts. I would love to get a regular TD going here in Houston.

The facility can vary, obviosly the more mat space we have the better so that folks can work their ground game and some can work on their stand up and no one has to wait around. But I've heard of TDs where they set up some puzzle mats in someones back yard and go at it. So anything is possible is seems so long as folks understand what to expect. The school where I train is in the midst of moving to a larger facility and changing management organizations. We should be moved in to our new place end of July/Early August. I am hoping shortly after we get settled in I can host TDs there. We are going to have 2 seperate training floors, one will be around 660 sqrft and the other just over 1000, so we should be able to have a good time mixing it up. Maybe September might work, if not then October is very likely. But between now and then I am up for a TD anytime, any place.
    I have been traing with Meng's Martial Arts for 4 years now. I have competed as a san shou fighter for our school the last 2 years. I am more than happy to offer as much input and help as I can to get this organized.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
    Daniel

That is spectacular. That really is. Thanks for offering up your place for this sort of thing. I know that I really doubt that I could convince my coach to let me borrow the Gym to spar with people I've never met before for a few hours on a Saturday. Definitely keep your offer open if we can't find a place to do it sooner. I'm good for September, October may be a bit more difficult since that's the end of the quarter at the plant and I'm not a 100% settled on whether or not I'm going to be staying there by that point so I'll try to work this around all my personal issues.

One thing though I forgot to mention in the initial post is who can we count on to bring a camera who can post up the videos. Preferably more than one person in case someone doesn't show. I'm pretty sure I can get one, but I have to double check if its capable of letting me upload stuff to my computer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 12:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Houston Jits Championships is July 26th in Spring. I'm good for any time before or after that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 5:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to the Houston Jiujitsu Champs too, and the Europa Show in Dallas in the Whitebelt Super Heavy Weight division.
Page 1 of 47 1 234511 ... LastLast