United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 2:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    Unfortunately, that's the way it is. Not really for most competitive sports, but for many forms of entertainment. Right now, there are probably more people watching MMA for the "entertainment" of it then the "sport" of it. Until the majority of the money coming in comes from people who are watching it for the "sport" of it than expect this to continue. Don't get me wrong, many people who watch sports watch for the entertainment value. There is no question. The thing is, no one is going to watch an NBA finals where a team who didn't bust their ass gets a shot at the champions for the title. It's one of the reasons team sports have elimination tournaments. You determine the best by beating the best. You can hype that team up all you want; they could have the most interesting story, players, etc., but unless they worked their way up, people aren't going to watch it. They will consider it a farce. The same way hardcore MMA fans consider Kimbo a farce and more mainstream people, who just want to see a spectacle, care less.
    Lol, i started watching the first UFC (rampage vs liddell...it was free on spike, lol) because i wanted to see what really worked, like, in a fight, so i could learn it from teh television and apply it IRL.

Then i talked to someone, who's trained many successful fighters in judo/sambo/mma, and he set me up with one of his former students (undefeated pro fighter! 6-0 right now!!!) Then i saw that my pre-concieved notions of slipping the punch ---> armbar wouldn't work.

Then i fell in love with mma/sub grappling, so now i train 4-6 days a week, and hope to get good enough to go pro one day (i'm almost 17, so i'm pretty sure i have the time to get the skills...:p)

But, to be honest, i think many people are becoming more...intelligent about fighting, then say...even 2 years ago. (and by taht, i mean, people are starting to understand the grappling thats going on).

I think there will always be dicks in the sport who just want to wear affliction, and see knockouts, but as a whole, i see mma fans growing more intelligent about it.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Lol, i started watching the first UFC (rampage vs liddell...it was free on spike, lol) because i wanted to see what really worked, like, in a fight, so i could learn it from teh television and apply it IRL.

Then i talked to someone, who's trained many successful fighters in judo/sambo/mma, and he set me up with one of his former students (undefeated pro fighter! 6-0 right now!!!) Then i saw that my pre-concieved notions of slipping the punch ---> armbar wouldn't work.

Then i fell in love with mma/sub grappling, so now i train 4-6 days a week, and hope to get good enough to go pro one day (i'm almost 17, so i'm pretty sure i have the time to get the skills...:p)

But, to be honest, i think many people are becoming more...intelligent about fighting, then say...even 2 years ago. (and by taht, i mean, people are starting to understand the grappling thats going on).

I think there will always be dicks in the sport who just want to wear affliction, and see knockouts, but as a whole, i see mma fans growing more intelligent about it.
    alas, most of the people i know are idiot TUF noobs that think Rampage is the greatest thing since sliced bread for knocking out the invincible Chuck Liddell

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    I like the way you think.

I have a friend who is 6'1, and 150 pounds. I told him to start training, and he can dominate the 145 pound weight class with his disgusting reach.
    i think that's what Micah Miller is trying to accomplish in the WEC

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 9:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by noonyez
    alas, most of the people i know are idiot TUF noobs that think Rampage is the greatest thing since sliced bread for knocking out the invincible Chuck Liddell
    Ugh, don't mention bread, you'll get Kimbo slice on the scene...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my bad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123