Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 5:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With throws from what my friend tells me when he threw someone in a fight it works very well. Dropping someone on hard concrete is allways painful. Especially if they dont know how to break fall. Even when I have seen others fall or have fallen myself most people are stunned for awhile. At least it will buy you time for the guy to recover and then get off the floor and then come after you. Hopefull you be long gone by then.
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 6:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the comments, should I get shipped to Japan I'll find myself a good Judo school..., erm, any advice on what's a good Judo school? Also, any different 'styles' of Judo I should be aware of?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 6:04pm

Style: ?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wu de,

why don't you try both Aikido and Judo in Japan?

If it was me though, I'd go for the Judo. You are one lucky guy to be able to train Judo in Japan. I'd avoid certain clubs though, esp ones where Uni Judo teams train because they are very harsh to newcomers/beginners. Either way you will leave with a newfound respect for Judo. :)

I would also check out a Yoshinkan Aikido dojo if I was there. That's the hard style of aikido they teach to the Tokyo Riot Police. Not my cup of tea but you may like it!

Good luck, lucky man.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 6:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I have heard that a lot of places will kick the **** out of you the first day...as will a lot of European Schools...REmco Pardou of UFC fame is known for this...Like they will choke you out and just beat on you...then if you come back you are cool with them.
    That is what you can get away with when Judo is popular where you all.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 6:09pm

Style: ?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained at Neil Adams club in coventry in the UK, and the budokwai as well. Both very short stints, and rightly so. They are tough as hell!!

I notice that when it comes to shime-waza, tough schools love to apply it, and leave it on a little longer, as if to toughen you up a little. While it may have been effective, it was hell for me.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345