Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 10:49am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Economical, maybe. But would you rather be hit by a Yugo or a dump truck? I know which one is more economical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "We have had discussions in the past about the effectiveness of throws in street situation. The questions I have is shouldn't you work the throw such that you use your opponents body to cushion the impact of hitting the ground? Maybe obivous, but curious on your thoughts."

Yes, you should. Unless you are going to hit and run, you don't want to lose control of them after the throw - if the throw didn't stop them then they will surely get back up. On the other hand, if you keep control then you can GnP them etc.
    Doubt I'd use a throw, anyhow. IMHO wrestling takedowns are far superior to, and more effective than throwing.
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 11:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shark,

lol sweet

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 11:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    throwing in the street can be dangerous, but it can be effective, the problem with landing on them is that unless youy have completely incapacitated them, then you will be in a groundfighting situation. One of my mates harai-ogoshied someone on the street. He stayed on his feet and pegged it! that seems to be the most sensible way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 11:57am

Style: japanese jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

One word

Originally posted by SamHarber
    I can't think of any useful throws that deliberatly involve falling on the ground as well (with the exception of some sacrifice throws, but if you're using those, your already in trouble).
    Makikomi

Awful throws to take.

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    true sam, makakomi are hideous---- thats why they are my best ones...... land on their floating ribs... HAHAHAHA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 12:12pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    while i was learning judo there was a guy who would purposely fall on every throw in order to have more force behind his throw. it never felt good when he landed on me. is there any disadvantage to this, not withstanding a str33t situation?

Taking a break

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll have to tell me which one that is, I don't think I've ever heard of it.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 12:13pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey if you throw some one and remain standing up, you can process on stomping their face the VanderSLAY way! That would be much more economic than wrestle tackle then GnP.
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 1:17pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the fascination with dumping people on their heads? I mean, yeah, you CAN do it, but it's pretty fucked up to spike someone on their noggin in your run of the mill street fight. How often do you guys get assaulted? (I know Ronin and Greese mentioned bouncing, but it still seems pretty odd...)

WuDe: Throwing shouldn't take much effort at all, unless the guy is equally good at throwing or better than you (and then it's the kazushi that takes the effort). I don't think throwing someone with a streetfight would take too much energy (in most cases).
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast