Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 4:35pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    As far as I'm aware, there is no difference between the hack squat and the hack deadlift, just different names for the same movement. I woulldn't really concern yourself too much with "cheating" and in turn using more efficient body mechanics, as that should actually be ideal for what you are training.

Have you considered perhaps getting cinder blocks and stacking them on top of each other to make squat stands?
    Yeah either that or a couple of sawhorses. Initially I thought it wouldn't really matter since this is just short term until I'm back at uni and can join the gym but I found the hack squat so awkward I'm tempted to now. I;m just worried about the safety aspect of a home made squat rack.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if you read SuperSquats, you'll hear of even more bizzare self made squat stands, including tree branches and dresser shelves.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 8:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just superglue the ends of some 2x4's to the wall.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 8:17pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hack squats are very ackward to lift from the floor off. I prefer to put the bar on pins (akin to a rack pull, 1/4 of the shin below knee level) and increase the weight a bit. I tried all types of grip widths, flexing the hips and knees together, or one before the other, but I just could not avoid rounding up the back when hack squatting from the ground (most likely a flexibility problem.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 8:49pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check the pillars of poverty. Those puppies are holding over 600lbs.

http://www.geocities.com/fightraining/safety.html
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12