Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2008 8:24am

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

HGH and the placebo effect

Taken from http://www.dbtechno.com/health/2008/...-not-physical/

Boston (dbTechno) - According to a new study, the performance-enhancing effects of growth hormone on athletes may be all mental, rather than all physical.
    For the study, researchers looked at athletes and how they responded when given growth hormone.
    Research was carried out at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, Australia. The study was funded by the World Anti-Doping Agency, as well as the Australian Government Anti-Doping Research Program.
    In total, 64 young athletes were given either growth hormone, or a completely inactive placebo.
    Those who received either of the two did not know which they had been given.
    They were then studies for 8 weeks, and what researchers found was that athletes who believed they were taking growth hormone felt an improvement in their performance, even though it was only a placebo.
    A boost in performance was seen, by about 1 to 2% in everyone given both the growth hormone, or the placebo.
    Researchers found that in people who believed they had been given growth hormone, but actually received a placebo, saw an increase of around 5% in their performance.
    What this shows is that growth hormone may be all in the mind.

I would say that there's still a lot of evidence that HGH increases muscle mass, but i'd like to put it out there and see what the community says.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/19/2008 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all i've seen is evidence that it increases intestinal mass.