Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 1:52am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Diet for People on the Go...

OK, I am looking to seriously start cutting wieght and increasing my conditioning for this springs Judo season. I am also realizing that the only time I am not dominating (besides against one black belt) it is never a skill issue...it is always me getting tired.
    I am going to start doing HIIT five times a week to help with the conditioning and cardio. That seems to be the closet thing to Judo cardio that I can find... I am going to do 2 days of stairs and 3 days of straight away. I am also going to just do body weight exercise for now since I am not real confident about how to do it properly.
    My main problem is diet. 6 days of the week I am gone most of the day, so cooking is not an option. I have the pick of several restraunts, but fast food is more my budget (college student).
    I have acess to a cooler and microwave, but the lean cuisnine or just salads leave me starving and muncy.
    I am 6'3 220 and I want to walk around at about 203-205.
    So, any advice?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 2:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Raw oats and granola bars are practical start for your day. Bagels and slices of wheat bread also. Oatmeal can be zapped in one minute.

Carry a big bag of fruit around with you and a big bottle of water that can be refilled. Eat fresh fruit everytime you get hungry.

Find some type of sensible meal replacement bar and liquid for a heavier snack.

Keep eating the salads.

All that and a Lean Cuisine should do the trick.

Nu-Metal Head

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 2:01am

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do it the Jared way... go to subway! Sorry couldn't resist.
    "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 7:52am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll probably overtrain doing all of that. My guess is that if you'd simply do some HIIT and BWE 3x a week each, you'd be good to go as far as physical activity when coupled with class. I'd suggest Liam Bauer's Intervals and SCRAPPER'S Bodyweight Exercise program (Both of which are free), as they've taken me a long way as far as my cardio goes. I can't say enough good things about the two programs. Both can be found @ trainforstrength.com under the "Programs" or "Workouts" section or on the Stregth and Conditioning Forum on mma.tv. Another thread of interest might be the one on cheap food and learning to cook to cut weight in the Saved Threads. Cooking your own food is much cheaper than eating out. Just my .02

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 12:16pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah thanks a lot for that site, I will find it really useful for myself as well :D.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you really don't have time to cook or prepare and you don't plan to use them constantly, MRPs can fill the gap for a while.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 6:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you mean MREs?
    Don't they have about 3000 calories a meal?
    Or is an MRP something different?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    12/01/2003 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cereal mixed with natural yoghurt is a really good filler, and full of energy

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 8:35am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greese1, I believe FingerorMoon was referring to Meal Replacement/Supplemental Drinks like Myoplex, Met-Rx, and a host of others. MRE's wouldn't be the way to go and most taste horrible from what I've heard and tasted firsthand.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 1:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK...I was very confused.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast