Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 2:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by mikus
    Let me once again point out that you are an idiot. THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE JUDGES INVOLVED AT ALL.
    you're the idiot. you're the one who said the fight is going to a draw, which is why i responded the way i did in the first place.

but nm. i didn't see the "2" 10 min matches thing. iono what i was thinking i thought it was going to be unlimited time, until they get sick of it and improvise and change the rules.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 3:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF, can someone tell me why I suddenly have Col. Sanders' beard and suit
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The emoticon is what really makes it.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 1:00pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New news:

"Their last match-up had no striking to the face while standing and no striking on the ground at all. This time however, the match will be held under regular PRIDE rules. However, the rounds are expected to be unlimited 10-minute rounds with no doctor stops and no referee stops, similar to the Sakuraba/Royce fight. This will be a decisive fight."

From pridefc.com . It also has a brief interview with Yoshida about the upcoming fight. Royce Gracie's manager also posted on mma.tv and mentioned that Pride has expressed interest in a no round-limit fight, and that looks probable. This is gonna be crazy.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 1:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    iono if anyone agrees w/ me, but i feel this is more of a make-you-or-break-you thing for BJJers, but judoka, in a worldwide sense, wouldn't really care as much. like iono if the kimura vs helio means anything to judokas as much as it affected BJJers. i don't do judo so iono...someone give me ur input.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 1:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wtf is iono?

I hate the internet and what it has done to us all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 1:36am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce! Royce!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 3:06am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
    iono if anyone agrees w/ me, but i feel this is more of a make-you-or-break-you thing for BJJers, but judoka, in a worldwide sense, wouldn't really care as much. like iono if the kimura vs helio means anything to judokas as much as it affected BJJers. i don't do judo so iono...someone give me ur input.
    From what I can decipher from that post, I think it has to do with BJJ (and Royce) carrying a lot of ego baggage. The general BJJ population needs to just drop it and realize one match doesn't make or break a style, but that's what some people are hyping it up to be.

As a comparison: In my experience only complete assholes maintain any kind of ego in a Judo class, whereas the overwhelming majority of BJJ practitioners not found on this board act like they won't get into Gracie Heaven if they don't convince enough people that theirs is the one true art. You'd think some of them are the MA equivalents of Jehova's Witnesses. I can see them going door-to-door with the Gracies In Action tapes in their hands and putting people in the guard until they sign up.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 12/11/2003 3:16am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 3:10am

Style: Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida! Yoshida!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 3:20am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shum, is that online correspondence or what you've seen in gyms?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast