• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont know what north american judges are like but uk judges only give you about five second to get a move on on the ground, and that sucks unfiltered donkey. I love newaza, i hate getting stood up when i am working on the ground!!!!!!!

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoshida almost got triangle choked by Wanderlei Silva who wasn't even wearing a gi. I think Royce has much more of a chance to submit Yoshida that vice versa. Yoshida getting the throw/takedown is a given but his mat work is really nothing spectacular and is horrendous for a MMA promotion like Pride.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 5:49pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His mat work is horrendous? I'm sure. You should challenge him. You're a BJJ blue belt or purple belt right? You could surely beat any judo blackbelt on the ground, even gold medalists.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 5:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, Royce's ground work must be absolutely TERRIBLE then, to get passed into half guard and almost into mount in about 5 minutes by someone who sucks. Challenge Royce too.

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 7:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldnt mind seeing Royce and Titto have a go at each other. I'll pay for that!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Freddy
    I wouldnt mind seeing Royce and (Tito) have a go at each other. I'll pay for that!
    First thing's first: Vanderlei needs to show up at UFC and put the following on his scorecard:

"Tito Ortiz -- WIN -- Submission (Strikes)"

I want to see Ortiz cry like a little girl, even if Vanderlei has to knee him in the tearduct.

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 10:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by mikus
    BTW, Royce's ground work must be absolutely TERRIBLE then, to get passed into half guard and almost into mount in about 5 minutes by someone who sucks. Challenge Royce too.
    yoshida is strong. silva said yoshida is the strongest grappler he's ever tested.

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 10:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by mikus
    You are officially developmentally disabled. The ref stopping the fight is gonna happen no matter what if a fighter is unconscious. And it looked like Royce was (I admit that it turned out that he probably wasn't). There have been other fights in pride with no judges (silva vs crocop and others). Everyone knows that there are no judges in this, they wouldn't be able to get away with that even if they wanted to.
    what about nog vs ricco rodriguiz? ricco won that fight yet nog was declared winner. pride is known for having biased judges AND refs.

i dind't say refs screwed up Royce vs yoshida 1. i say they WILl screw up royce vs yoshida 2 if they were allowed to participate. a draw cannot happen b/cthey're always leaning toward yoshida.

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 12:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me once again point out that you are an idiot. THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE JUDGES INVOLVED AT ALL.

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
    what about nog vs ricco rodriguiz? ricco won that fight yet nog was declared winner. pride is known for having biased judges AND refs.
    According to Pride rules, sitting in someone's guard like a beached whale earns fewer points than having said beached whale in your guard and actively trying to submit him.

But back to your ill-founded claims vis--vis judge bias towards Japanese fighters (see Vanderlei Silva vs. Yoshida Hidehiko), your argument is as follows:

The judges are biased, and therefore will do everything they can to ensure beyond all reasonable calculation the victory of one Yoshida Hidehiko.

The critical and ultimately fatal undoing of your hypothesis is that since this fight has no judges, your implication is vacuously true. Ergo, claiming that the judges are biased has no relevance in this argument and you are only serving to unbalance its perfect yet delicate harmony.

WTF, can someone tell me why I suddenly have Col. Sanders' beard and suit :confused:
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 12/06/2003 3:20pm at .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast