Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 10:12pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please tell me why no other fighting style has the abilit yto switch and adapt to their opponent? also your editing sems to have failed.

I agree with everything else you said though, but pretty common sense
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 2:52am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rileystar View Post
    Muay Thai dominates because of the fighters ability to switch and adapted to the fighter he or she is facing you mix that with a little bit of brazilian jujitsu and you tank over everything but remember humility is everything show pride but dont get cocky cause there is ALWAYS someone better but i have to give props to every fighter and their getting punched in the face and keep going and not back down takes talent and i love when i see dedicated fighters in the gym even after it's time to end it gives other something to work for and shows that people that you wanna better yourself and thats what makes a great fighter its not just the style
    Here, take this .................................................. .. and a couple of those ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and even a few

just so that you're prepared and equipped for your next post.

The whole humility thing seems kind of out of place in this thread and I don't see how training muay thai would specifically help you adapt to fighters of a different style.

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 8:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: brazilian jujustu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didnt say it helps you adapt to different fighters i meant they are trained to adapt to different fighters

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 10:01am

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rileystar View Post
    I didnt say it helps you adapt to different fighters i meant they are trained to adapt to different fighters
    No, a Muay Thai fighter is not trained to fight a judoka or Bjj practicioner a Muay Thai fighter has a good striking base that allows him to fight other styles of striking. The Muay Thai stance is even quite vulnerable to throws and takedowns. If you train in a MMA gym youre not even learning "pure Muay Thai" you are learning a Muay Thai adapted for the MMA rules with probably some boxing in it and a little from other striking styles. The different stance for MMA the training in ground and clinch from the MMA gym is what makes a fighter trained for fighting almost any other fighter because all the thre ranges of fighting are covered, yet that does not make him invicible just makes him more prepared and more versatile but he can still lose to a superior striker, or superior grappler.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 3:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some MT stances are vulnerable to other striking styles too.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 9:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, MT translates well to MMA because the Dutch influenced style has a very squared up stance that is easy to sprawl from. That's pretty much it.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 7:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always found it weird that Japanese Kickboxing almost died out, except in The netherlands, while nowadays all the Kickboxing styles practised on mainland Europe have been extensively influenced by it.
    Sanda, Savate, Muay thai, Full-Contact, American kickboxing, European/International Kickboxing, Shoot Boxing (offshoot of JK) and K-1 Kickboxing (also an offshoot of JK).

Yes, using the very squared up stance as your core stance gives you immediatly access to a lot of different techniques: easy to sprawl from, maximum usige of boxing, fast transition to other stances for executing attacks or blocks.

The Dutch gave the world, besides cheese and windmills, the standard to measure all Kickboxing styles with/against.
    Who would have known?

edit: I can only see one "except" in write/edit window, yet there are two in post? Glitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 10:17am

Style: American Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO Sanshou is the better striking style for making the transition from stand up to ground fighting. I fought plenty of sanshou and le' tai matches and not once have knees not been allowed so people should throw that misconception out.in relation to MMA it makes for a much more effective clinch allowing dirty boxing, greco and judo throws as well as knees and even elbows if possible. I love muay-thai and though I agree it may be the toughest/ most destructive striking art, it is not the end all be all because there are still plenty of holes. as for the effectiveness of the throws and slams used in sanshou or sanda, I'm not sure why that is being questioned. I can knock someone out with a belly to back suplex with a lot less effort than it would take to clinch war with someone in order to get proper position for a knee to the face.
    I'm just sayin.......

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 10:23am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Except belly to back suplexes have ended dramatically less MMA bouts than knees and elbows to the face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 10:33am

Style: American Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very true but you have to agree that the variables a sanshou clinch offers heavily outnumbers the variables offered in a thai chlinch. Double underhooks, head arm triangle, collar tie, over under, etc., these are the positions that sanshou guys drill from and are taught to effectively use. Or at least, that's how I train and what I teach my guys to do.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast