Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,593
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Well, let's see. On one hand we have a guy whose strength is his wrestling. Then on the other hand, we have Chuck, who has made a career out of knocking out wrestlers and jiu jitsu players as they try to take him down. I wonder how this one will go...
    Rampage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

  2. #12
    Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round supporting member
    Fighting Cephalopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,981
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Rampage.
    ...is not Evans.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Rampage.
    I was unaware that a devastating right hook to the jaw counts as a "takedown attempt". Or if you are referring the first fight, Rampage's path to victory came through his fists, not double legs or hip throws. (He did get one big slam on Chuck, but the Iceman immediately got right up, causing Bas Rutten to exclaim "Look at dis! He's standing right back up!")

    Randy Couture put Chuck down once, but it was because he was already battering Chuck around the cage before the takedown. Actually, the only person to successfully tool Chuck on the ground was Jeremy Horn, who submitted him with an arm triangle from guard.

    If you're going to beat Chuck, you have to come ready to strike. I don't think Evans has the heavy hands of Quentin Jackson, or the dirty boxing skills of Randy Couture. I don't think he can stand outside and throw body/leg kicks like Jardine either.

    But then again, I picked Hughes over Alves, so what do I know?

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either chuck by devestation, or Evans in one of the most boring point-decisions ever.

  5. #15
    Kentucky Fried Chokin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,450
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I was unaware that a devastating right hook to the jaw counts as a "takedown attempt". Or if you are referring the first fight, Rampage's path to victory came through his fists, not double legs or hip throws. (He did get one big slam on Chuck, but the Iceman immediately got right up, causing Bas Rutten to exclaim "Look at dis! He's standing right back up!")

    Randy Couture put Chuck down once, but it was because he was already battering Chuck around the cage before the takedown. Actually, the only person to successfully tool Chuck on the ground was Jeremy Horn, who submitted him with an arm triangle from guard.

    If you're going to beat Chuck, you have to come ready to strike. I don't think Evans has the heavy hands of Quentin Jackson, or the dirty boxing skills of Randy Couture. I don't think he can stand outside and throw body/leg kicks like Jardine either.

    But then again, I picked Hughes over Alves, so what do I know?
    You beat me to it.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    45
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    For once Tortelli makes a really good post.

    Evans is a lay-and-pray wrestler. Liddell by murder/death/kill.
    Heh, is that a reference to Demolition man? Ha!

    *Anyhow, screw a rampage rematch, I'm yearning for a W. Silva rematch..
    Last edited by Lebeke1; 6/17/2008 12:15am at .

  7. #17
    and good morning to you too supporting member
    PirateJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3,240
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Evans looks much improved every time he gets out there and he's got a good chin.

    Advantage chuck, but it should be a good fight.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

  8. #18
    Snake Plissken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,553
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Chris
    Evans is good, don't discount him, but Liddell is a badass
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    Either chuck by devestation, or Evans in one of the most boring point-decisions ever.
    Wouldn't want to pin yourself down there, guys.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems pretty straightforward. If rashad comes to wrestle, he gets KTFO- if he tries to outpoint chuck, he might be able to with his superior speed and very nice accuracy.

  10. #20
    Snake Plissken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,553
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    It seems pretty straightforward. If rashad comes to wrestle, he gets KTFO- if he tries to outpoint chuck, he might be able to with his superior speed and very nice accuracy.
    It just kinda seem like one of those "And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle" comments.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO