Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/17/2008 1:39pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan
    Good work man - it took some moxy to get in there with a guy who's 26 years your Junior. I would recommend working your half guard more for your next fight. Work on getting the underhooks and getting up on your side.

mathowned
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2008 2:18pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    Yep yep, although he was only 16 years younger heh (only lol).
    I froze in half instead of continuing to work for position, and man underhooks would have changed that takedown hehehe. Next time!
    I like maf.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/17/2008 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DSL,

Congrats on the fight.

Now you need to get your hands UP. You kept dropping them and I kept thinking this guy is going to KO you but thankfully his stand up wasn't good. You need to work on TD defense and also your guard for MMA (psst look into leglocks most pple don't expect them. Watch Imanari fights for more on this)

Again congrats and when is the next fight?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2008 3:21pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    DSL,

Congrats on the fight.

Now you need to get your hands UP. You kept dropping them and I kept thinking this guy is going to KO you but thankfully his stand up wasn't good. You need to work on TD defense and also your guard for MMA (psst look into leglocks most pple don't expect them. Watch Imanari fights for more on this)

Again congrats and when is the next fight?
    Thanks Gezere,
    Holy crap completely on the hands up. More boxing, more more more, and more work on distance especially there.

I'd been working a ton on sprawl takedown defense, but I really need to work on getting underhooks and the less 'bull rush' type takedown.

I fully hear ya on working on guard, when the hammers started to come down, I forgot about advancing from half to full guard and just hung on as I covered up. I'll definitely go watch Imanari.

Next fight scheduled October, but I'd like to get one August as well (only 14 day suspension, but July's a friggin busy month for me workwise). I'll post the better vid of this one when I get it.

Man, thanks to everyone for the insight and observations on the fight, it's insanely helpful to critique things post-fight and learn from it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234