Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 11:21pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Wolf, had a blast out there (just wish the wife would have continued like 2 more seconds so it showed me popping up and smiling, shaking the other guy's hand heh).

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 11:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    Thanks Wolf, had a blast out there (just wish the wife would have continued like 2 more seconds so it showed me popping up and smiling, shaking the other guy's hand heh).
    selective editing, FTW

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 11:30pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Totally man, I've been working on that for months but plans meet battle, plans go away heh.
    I needed to instantly pummel for the underhook, but I went for the turn first heh. Moar practice!!! Awesome time though, although they were laughing that I was smiling the entire fight heh.
    Find a place that trains just wrestling if you have the time/money, it will help immensely with the takedown & defense. Keep it up brobra.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 11:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    14 days off, but I'd like to thank Crazy Monkey Boxing for my face being intact
    I think a lot of people need to thank Crazy Monkey Boxing. I've only used it when sparring in class and it's helped me keep my face intact even in training. You can instantly see how it could very well save you from a knockout on "teh st34t" where it is probably best to stay awake.

I also wish more fighters would use it. Right now, it's kind of like Judo where you see only a few people do it and even fewer than that do it well in MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 11:55pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    Right now, it's kind of like Judo where you see only a few people do it and even fewer than that do it well in MMA.
    Karo! I love Karo's fights, win or lose just because of his awesome throws. Reminds me of getting thrown by that badass Judo BB at Gracie Barra in Bellingham, not Shin, but the other dude. Shin is good too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 11:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRoc
    Find a place that trains just wrestling if you have the time/money, it will help immensely with the takedown & defense. Keep it up brobra.
    Totally man, I have 3 guys (well 2 now, one's moving to NC) that are beasts in wrestling (greco & collegiate between the two), but just need more mat time with them both.
    I think my big thing was not pummeling FIRST, but going for the turn, live and learn heh. But yeah, wrestling, moooooar wrestling! Love the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    I think a lot of people need to thank Crazy Monkey Boxing. I've only used it when sparring in class and it's helped me keep my face intact even in training. You can instantly see how it could very well save you from a knockout on "teh st34t" where it is probably best to stay awake.

I also wish more fighters would use it. Right now, it's kind of like Judo where you see only a few people do it and even fewer than that do it well in MMA.
    CM is great stuff, now just more practice with it. I am completely sold though, I could have come out of there looking like the elephant man, instead I had a shiner with very little swelling.

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 12:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRoc
    Karo! I love Karo's fights, win or lose just because of his awesome throws. Reminds me of getting thrown by that badass Judo BB at Gracie Barra in Bellingham, not Shin, but the other dude. Shin is good too.
    Glenn I take it. Yeah, he flashed knocked me out with one of his throws. I thought my rib may have been broken. There is another guy who runs a school up here who trained with us a few times. Glenn broke his rib. I now refer to said rib as "little Glenn".

CM is great stuff, now just more practice with it. I am completely sold though, I could have come out of there looking like the elephant man, instead I had a shiner with very little swelling.
    Yeah, Rodney King has some new DVD's out also (well, sorta new I suppose):

http://www.crazymonkeydefense.com/cm...d,2/Itemid,57/

I've been meaning to try them out. I have some of the stuff that was produced by SBG but I would like to get a look at some of the newer stuff as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 12:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tell you ddm, I hear CM and my ears perk up heh. It's like 'enter secret code here to not get smashed' heh.
    One of my coaches is a certified CM instructor (and SBGi as well), if only I could get him in there 4 days a week instead of two ;). I'd love to meet Rodney sometime and just say thanks. Needless to say, I'll be a sponge for any of the CM stuff I can.

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 1:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tell you ddm, I hear CM and my ears perk up heh. It's like 'enter secret code here to not get smashed' heh.
    One of my coaches is a certified CM instructor (and SBGi as well), if only I could get him in there 4 days a week instead of two ;). I'd love to meet Rodney sometime and just say thanks. Needless to say, I'll be a sponge for any of the CM stuff I can.
    I'm actually not much of a striker. After my 2007 birthday, where I twisted my ankle so bad from doing Muay Thai I couldn't walk for about a week afterwards and missed a job interview that I needed because I had just lost my job, I stopped doing kickboxing and have focused on my grappling. I need to get back into it.

I've always enjoyed the idea of a non-attribute based style striking. Especially for someone like me who generally sucks at striking and probably has a weak chin...:(

I remember reading or hearing an interview from Rodney where he says he came up with it as a means to get people comfortable with striking and sparring because he felt that generally, attributes played too much into striking and the people without the attributes geared towards striking ended up being just fodder for the people with the attributes geared towards striking. It's one of the things I need with my striking, is confidence in my abilities in order to be comfortable testing them out.

One of my BJJ instructors (the SBG one of course) said he's met him at one of the camps. He has this crazy man aura about him where he just kind of scares the **** out of you but is a nice guy. Second hand knowledge so take it for what it's worth. I'd love to train with the guy as well.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 3:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TuKong, KickBoxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good fight man, keep that **** up!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast