Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 11:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Elite XC: Return of the King (SPOILERS), Nick Diaz Trolls KJ Noon's Dad

I can't recall the actual results, perhaps someone could edit the post or something.

Anyway, after KJ Noons smoked Yves Edwards (what the **** is Thugjitsu anyway?), Nick Diaz, fresh off destroying some no-name ************, rolled up to the cage, got the mic off Golberg and demanded another shot at Noons.

Noons then asked the Hawaiian crowd if they thought Diaz reserved a rematch. The response did not suit Diaz: they booed hard. Diaz was not discouraged. He proceeded to taunt Noons with the familiar "you scared, punk?!? Why you so damn scared?".

Goldberg tried to make peace by asserting that Noons was in fact, not scared. Given that Goldberg is a tactless idiot, it was clear that his presence would not help things. By the time the camera got to Golbergs big ass shiny head, KJ Noons' dad was already across the cage and all over Nick Diaz. What the ****? The ************ is like 55 or something, and Nick Diaz was still shirtless and wearing his fight gear and ****.

The elder Noons held Diaz in an airtight plum clinch, but before he could get anything off, cooler heads rushed in to pry them apart.

The Diaz brothers then exited in dramatic fashion, backing out of the arena as they flipped off the crowd and then threw up the iconic W's (WESTSIIIIIDE!!), followed by peace signs.

It was the awesomest thing I have seen in any EliteXC promotion.

The Diaz brothers are fucking awesome.

Why? Because they do not give a ****. They just don't.
    Last edited by The Question; 6/14/2008 11:15pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I thought this was some sort of joke post about the fight until I checked out the results on Sherdog. Wow. I can't wait for videos to appear!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 11:23pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it just me, or does Gary Shaw remind anyone else of Paul Heyman (former owner of ECW)?

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 11:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding
    Is it just me, or does Gary Shaw remind anyone else of Paul Heyman (former owner of ECW)?
    Interesting, considering all the EliteXC shenanigans that's been going on resemble pro wraslin in a sense. Usually, the UFC is mostly accused of such behavior.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 7:20am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, KJ Noons totally owned Edwards...so much that it even hurt me across the pond! And I was rooting for a highlight reel KO by Edwards, thugjitsu style. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I like Nick Diaz, but that **** that he pulled with Noons, was pure WWE. And then Noons dad put's him in a Thai Plum Clinch? WTF? Now that's bad ass...I was expecting the General Manager to creat a ladder match tag team action... Noons/Dad versus Nick/Nate! Oh and Diaz won his match of course!

Murillo Rua trashed some poor sap and seems to be gunning for Noons maybe? Didn't seem that impressive on the feet, but the fight was all ground and pound via elbows in side control. It started hurting MY face after a couple of minutes!:qleft5:

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 10:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin
    Murillo Rua trashed some poor sap and seems to be gunning for Noons maybe? Didn't seem that impressive on the feet, but the fight was all ground and pound via elbows in side control. It started hurting MY face after a couple of minutes!:qleft5:
    You mean gunning for the winner of Lawler/Smith II. Noons is a lightweight, Ninja is a middleweight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 12:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The diaz brothers (in my humble opinion) are classless... Everytime they are on TV they do some stupid gangster crap and make themselves look like idoits.

No class, no manners, no respect...

I am not saying what Noons dad did was right either... just let it go... For what its worth, I think he is an ex fighter as well...

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 3:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think both fighters are awesome in the ring. Outside of the ring is different. I also think that both have yet to have a truely humbling experience in the ring yet. Both has never truly been stopped. I'm talking about the kind of utter domination that only a GSP, Anderson Silva, or BJ Penn can bring to a fight. The kind of fight that makes you re-evaluate your attitude as well as your abilities.

Looking just at their records on Sherdog, you can see that hasn't happened yet. Nick Diaz's only stoppage to punches was a fight with Jeremy Jackson that he avenged and that he has said he felt was an early stoppage. His fight with KJ Noons was stopped via cut. His other losses are very close decisions that most of which could have gone either way.

Nate Diaz only has two losses on his record. One a decision lost and the other an armbar submission againt Hermes Franca. I'm pretty sure he could chalk the submission loss up to many things other than his lack of ability.

Also, you have to factor in youth. There's immaturity in youth (see Melvin Guillard for many examples). Fortunately, time and beatdowns will tell the tale.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still like Hughes storming the cage and attacking the ref after the Ninja/Lawler fight.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 6:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninja's supposed to be at my school tomorrow night. My coach helped him train for his last fight which he had to pull out of. I just love how he just smiled thoughout the entire opening, introduction and instruction sequence. Bonello was just screaming at him but Murillo just smiled. He is really a nice guy everytime I saw him at our gym he was smiling.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast